Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we Wrap up September: At the Gates of a crosswalk

Good evening my good friend, reader of this present post! How are you today? How have you been? We have reached the end of another month, as Christmas season of 2026 either unfolds or draws near, depending on your traditional habits. In any case, the second half of a year, and specially the months of the holiday events, such as Halloween and Thanksgiving, go by quite fast, they also obey their own special laws, separated from the speed of light. I love to see autumn, albeit from afar, given it is spring to summer time in my tropical area. The weather has been so far kept in a pleasant way, and as I understand October may advance the heat forward, I ought to enjoy the breeze as it lasts. And I am okay, I would say. It was a month of me getting the internship and taking part on the first shift of the internship, just observing the classroom while the teacher that took me in, Bless her soul, really did a rather good job at keeping a classroom of so many loud teenagers under control. It wa...

In which we talk about weird dreams!

Happy Monday everyone!! We have another week of July upon us, may it be a really fantastic one! How are things going with you? As always, I wish for the best, and I'm so happy to have you here! Today I came in with an idea that's really close to my heart to talk about, I don't know why I didn't think of that before! I'm really excited to have a conversation with you about dreams you have at night, particularly the weird ones!
We all have them, some may say "Oh I didn't dream last night", and that's not true! The thing is we don't remember most of ours, but they're always there when we close our eyes (sometimes even when we don't, but that's a story for another post). We all dream, some dreams are forgotten, some we just remember flashes of it, and some are so real they feel like we weren't sleeping at all! I bet you had that dream that you could feel all the characters in it, you could feel your feet touching the ground, and all of that, those are indeed the most exotic ones.
One thing about me is that I'm always having weird dreams! And yes some dreams are so real I feel like I'm not sleeping, as I told you. Some dreams are really bizarre, once I dreamt that I was in London visiting a friend, but the street of London we were in was just like the street I live in, and my friend turned into my english teacher, and suddenly we were in someplace else! On other dream, it started in another dream with me meeting one of my favorite singers, Katy Perry, and it ended in a mall falling down over my head! Recently I dreamt that I was in a jungle inside the house of my grandparents, and when I started walking I suddenly was in the beach. On the next second the ocean was sucking me so I could drown in it. I was desperately trying to escape my certain death trying to hold into the sand (what a nice idea), but faces appeared in the sand and they were releasing fire! This other time I was playing in the mud in my grandparents garden(?), and then meteors started falling from the sky, but as soon as they touched the ground they were kicked out back to the sky like basketball balls, and the bedroom of my grandparents caught fire. And it goes on and on and on!
Okay, not all of my dreams are nightmarish, or weird, or traumatizing, I had really nice dreams as well, and others I unfortunately forget, this when I remembered I had them when I wake up. One dream I had made me a fan of Shawn Mendes. Some dreams I manage to turn into stories and even sketches! Some of them make me closer to my friends, and sometimes they can also push me away from them. This is a powerful thing, dreams, and they tend to be so overlooked! The human mind is one of the most powerful things in nature, a force that we'll never fully understand, as the South African biologist Lyall Watson once said: If the brain were so simple we could understand it, it would be so simple we couldn't! Well, I'm glad about my dreams and even my nightmares, they can be the raw material for so many things! I definitely will write more posts on this subject, perhaps even sharing more of them with you all!
And how about you? Do you have weird dreams as well? Tell me about it! How are they? What is the best dream you ever had? And the worst nightmare? I'd love to hear about it! This post is coming to an end, but we can keep having this conversation on the comments, and also on the social media if you like! I already shared the accounts of my blog, but I'll do it again, so that's how I'll end today's post!! I'll see you all next time! And keep on having beautiful dreams!

Personal Instagram and Twitter: Petit._trianon/rococohappiness
Blog Instagram and Twitter: Thedivagationstore/divagationstore

Comments