Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have a September alongside Crisis, Ballet, and Christmas Expectation

Happy Wednesday, my good friend, dear reader of this post! How are you? As for me, I am okay... as okay as I could be, given how extremely turbulent the month of September has been, specially mentally. I have had days of much melancholy and boredom is corroding my will to live. As an example with what I have to deal with, conflicts with my brother become more rispid, as the distance between us mount further. Gaming brings no joy most of the time. I do feel like in a dead end. Energy levels are bellow 0, I am happy if I can get out of bed, at all. Fortunately, today was above average, so I am using this to write a post on the blog, I haven't had the chance to do it in a while. It was a month of low productivity, and given how depressed I've become, I am surprised I managed to do anything at all. How I miss dear Johannes, I wish we could chat at some point, he is usually absent, and we do not have the chance to chat most of the time. Fortunately, today was relatively above averag

In which we talk about Wirt!

Hello everyone! Happy Saturday everyone! Good afternoon! So, how are you today? How are things going? As usual, I wish you the best and hope your day is going fine! How is the weather where you are? As for me, it's been a quite sunny day, but I fortunately am not struggling with the heat too much, thank Goodness, as I have a fan by my side! My day is going pretty calm so far, and I struggled a bit about what to write today, until I went to search on my pictures and found some sketches I did recently, so I think it should be good to talk about them with you guys today! Let's chat a bit about Wirt!


I love Over The Garden Wall so much, it's one of my favorite shows ever, so wonderful and detailed it is, with its wonderful landscape, fantastic characters and superb story, of all of the characters in it my favorite is Wirt, the hopeless romantic that recites poetry in his sleep and plays the clarinet, I very much identify with the subtle charm of Wirt, I have my passions as well, and my usual romantic but pessimistic approach to how things will be. I do am more of an optimistic myself, but anyway, I love Wirt, and wanted so badly to draw him, I tried doing a tutorial back in October of last year. The result was not a good one and I ended up doing my first version of Him, which I posted back then on the blog, one that I will repost now.


I left the project of doing Wirt forgotten for a bit when the last weekend (I guess, I can't remember now precisely when this happened, but it was recently)  I decided to give it another chance! I again couldn't do the tutorial, but just for the sake of it decided I wouldn't left that day with my hands empty, so I just copied the image to the paper and did it anyway, not much my merit, but the result you can see above, at least my copied Wirt got somewhat similar to the original one, this one:


Indeed I love Wirt, I wish I could make a proper homage to him, maybe write a small fanfic with him as a character this vacation would be a nice idea, maybe a small poem dedicated to how much I love him, anyway, a copied drawing, even if I have him with me now, doesn't sound like a fitting homage, so I again decided to do my version of him after drawing the copy, and this is the final result of it, Another Wirt in my style, one that I guess has changed since last October!


I tried to remain as faithful to the original as I could, but I did some changes of mine, specially on the shading, adding red on the nose, eyebags, but this time I managed to put the cone on his head, one thing I didn't do on my October version! I am growing to have quite a collection of Wirts, and I plan on doing more in the future! He is honestly one of my favorite characters ever and I do connect to him so much! Wish I could have done his whole cone in the paper though, but it was too big, it wouldn't fit! I wonder how Wirt in the cartoon used such a tall hat, but anyway, let's not ruin the magic, shall we? And before we can end our post, since this is a small appreciation to Wirt, I found a small fanart I very much loved and that I wanted to post here to wrap up things, it was not made by me, it is made by @glooptastic, but it is indeed a wonderful one, one that impressed me hugely!


So there we have it for today! A fanart of Wirt and Beatrice, Beatrice being the Bluebird next to Wirt, one of the characters as well, the most interesting I would say, but this stays for a next post, thank you so much for being here, you are the very best my dear reader, wish you the best always and see you next time maybe!

Comments

Popular Posts