Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which I plan my Christmas Card for 2024

Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post. Happy Sunday, and I wish you the best, both today and on the new week. I must say: September is going by very fast. It is not a bad thing on its own, but I dread the approximation of Summer. There is the bright side the season of holidays is coning, with special dates such as Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, specially Christmas on my end, since it is my favorite one. How are you, this Sunday? I was here very recently, so I do not expect you to be that much in a different mood, even if a lot can happen in even a couple of hours. s for me, I am... still afloat, recovering from a harsh day, of many tears and no hope. As I try to occupy my free time, I did manage to play some games, such as Sims 3, and Europa Universalis, as well as trying Victoria 3 once again. On Sims 3, as I was in much distress, I decided that I would treat myself to some expansions of the game that I was missing: those were the niche last one released for the game:

In which I try to write a short story!

Happy Monday everyone, and good evening! Hello to you dear reader! How are you today and how are things going? As usual, I hope you are having a pleasant day and I wish you the best! How is the weather where you are? Here, some days, it feels like Winter, with the rain and the more fresh weather, which is always appreciated! The day started with rain and when I got home from college it rained a bit more again! I also watered my plants today, so I really feel nice for it, just taking care of my plants!! I am really happy that my blog turned one year old this Saturday, it's quite an achievement I think so! Unfortunately, I, like in many moments, found myself with no subjects to write about today, but I was determined to find something! I didn't want to leave today in blank, so I went on asking people for ideas, and I received some really cool ones in a discord server I'm in! My friend Nicho told me to just go for it and I might find something to write soon, which is something I do sometimes and it's a good idea, and a person on the server told me to write a small story, and actually sent me the synopsis to it! I happen to love the story, so today, combining the ideas of my friend and the person, I will do my best to bring light to a place that would be otherwise bland. Still celebrating the spirit of my blog, let's jump to this!!


A WALK IN STORMSHIRE PARK.
By Daniel M., inspired by FlARE REAPER392 and Nicho Young
Thank you guys!

Marcel Kelvin and his wife, Sonia Abraham Kelvin, were walking on the Stormshire Park that afternoon, it was fall season, so the trees were losing its leaves and the wind was blowing hard, but overall the temperature was pleasant enough for them to feel cozy just with a light sweater, though Sonia was also with her trenchcoat, wine colored one.  Both of them were in their 50's, weren't young, but not too old either, Marcel was proud of his ginger hair, going strong even as the decades went by, and Sonia wasn't too consumed either by the years that were acumulating, pages of History like the leaves in the wind. They have been married for quite a while now, wasn't like this calm walk on the Stormshire park, their wedding, but it was one to last forever, until proven otherwise. They did seem to love to disagree with each other, sometimes, as people think, it becomes impossible not to disagree with someone at some point. Marcel was tired, so he stopped the walking to sit in a bench, his wife Sonia was standing there by him, checking her phone and seeing the trees. Suddenly she sees something that captures her attention.
"A bird!"
"What, Sonia?"
"There, you see, what a strange little bird, can you see it? Between the bushes"
"Do you mean that chicken?"
"No... No, it's a bird, I can tell"
"Isn't chicken a bird anyway, excuse me for the confusion, dear"
"No, it's not the same thing, a bird is a bird, it flies, a chicken does not fly, well, not to well, anyway, the point is, I see a bird"
"Sonia, it's not a bird" Said Marcel, now paying attention to the blurry animal quite far away "It's a chicken, I can tell, do you want to go there and see for yourself"
"We may, but the thing will fly away, which will prove my point, we should go next to it"
"No, let's stay here, what are we arguing anyway, that's silly, leave the chicken alone"
"You meant bird, my dear, are you calling me a fool?"
"What? I didn't say that, love! Just because you're wrong..."
"No, you are wrong, sir, excuse me"
"Oh, here we go again..."
"Of course, you Insist to contradict me every time! Every single time! Oh God, why are we even married"
"Dear, you love to be right, do you think you would survive without someone next to you to make you question your decisions? To challenge you? You would be so stubborn, more than you already are. You would never go forward."
"Don't tell me about it, sir, you are the same..."
"Precisely, my love"
After the small argument, they stared at each other, and thought for a bit, and then, Sonia said.
"Well then, we should keep on going, it will be dark soon, come on now Marcel, chop chop"
"As you wish, my dear, as you wish"
They went on their way, arms crossed, as the whole event never happened, the animal wasn't even there anymore, it went away at some point in the discussion, it just went their way, somewhere else.
...

And here we have it, a small story, quite a reflexive one I'd say, which wasn't necessarily my intention, but anyway, I'm quite proud to have done something with the idea! I think it really should serve as an ideal on how this blog should work. I'm happy I managed to write something today! And dear reader, thank you so much for being here, you are the very best, and I do wish you the best! Have a wonderful night, and I see you next time hopefully!

Comments

Popular Posts