Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we Wrap up September: At the Gates of a crosswalk

Good evening my good friend, reader of this present post! How are you today? How have you been? We have reached the end of another month, as Christmas season of 2026 either unfolds or draws near, depending on your traditional habits. In any case, the second half of a year, and specially the months of the holiday events, such as Halloween and Thanksgiving, go by quite fast, they also obey their own special laws, separated from the speed of light. I love to see autumn, albeit from afar, given it is spring to summer time in my tropical area. The weather has been so far kept in a pleasant way, and as I understand October may advance the heat forward, I ought to enjoy the breeze as it lasts. And I am okay, I would say. It was a month of me getting the internship and taking part on the first shift of the internship, just observing the classroom while the teacher that took me in, Bless her soul, really did a rather good job at keeping a classroom of so many loud teenagers under control. It wa...

In which I talk about Airborne Kingdom

Hello and good morning dear reader, welcome to a wonderful weekend! Happy Saturday! How are you and how are things? I wish you the best and hope all is fine, overall! How is the weather? Here is a hot morning of summer, as we are in its heydays, much to my distaste, as I am a person from winter season, anyway. Today is the birthday of grandma! I'm so happy, she deserves all the love, specially after the scare we had yesterday, let me tell you about it! One of her dogs went missing! We looked everywhere at the house and nothing! We had to roam the streets of the gated community until we found the creature on the house of the surroundings, it was QUITE the adventure! And speaking of adventure, let me tell you guys about one of my latest discoveries, the world of Airborne Kingdom!

LINK FOR THE GAME IS HERE:

AIRBORNE KINGDOM

Airborne Kingdom has a concept that is stuff of dreams! Just imagine: a flying kingdom, a city in the skies (skyes?), wandering around, taller and wider! Of course, this isn't a dream, this is a game, a very real one, and the city is very much alive, and so it begins. This videogame tells the tale of the flying realm, that spreaded prosperity all around, until it vanished, launching its region in isolation and dark age. Your mission right from the beginning is form alliances with the kingdoms bellow, restore the city of the skies, and don't run out of coal while doing that! In order to survive, you need to gather resources and trade with the kingdoms, as your town doesn't produce much for a good portion of the story. In the beginning, it's alright, but it gets increasingly harder as you have more people, that require food and water. As you have more gears that require coal. As you find more building materials that require an array of stuff. It's a cycle of growth, and it only stops when you lose, which means, when you fall from the sky due to lack of coal. I am pretty sure running out of food and water is a major problem also, as people will start jumping off your ship the longer you get without provisions, and the more you build the more resources you will consume, and the more faster you have to go to reach those resources in land, it's a vicious cycle, that only wins when you fall from the sky due to lack of coal, losing the game.

I think I'd recommend this game, it's a very nice city builder that looks chill, if you are looking for a good balance of adventure and manangement, it's a really good option, and in reality it has more than meets the eye. I heard of some graphic issues, and I think that can be a major issue. I haven't played it to the point it gets unplayable on my gaming laptop, BUT one thing I noticed is that graphics matter in this eyecandy game, if you want to have the full experience, you gotta play with the ultra option on, or else the game loses its appeal. That is a major issue, because the game doesn't work ideally on those settings, indeed. Well, like I said before, I haven't played the game to the point it buffered too much, or it crashed, but this happened with others, so keep an eye on it! I'd say this game deserves an 8/10, maybe an 8.5/10, so definitely worth the try, and also worth the cost. Some bummers are the fact that you will need a good gear to run this piece, and it's only available on Epic Games Store, which I have a deep suspicion of, I hope it gets launched on Steam in the future. Thank you so much for being here, dear reader, I wish you the best, and let me know if you want to hear more about this game!

Comments