Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have a September alongside Crisis, Ballet, and Christmas Expectation

Happy Wednesday, my good friend, dear reader of this post! How are you? As for me, I am okay... as okay as I could be, given how extremely turbulent the month of September has been, specially mentally. I have had days of much melancholy and boredom is corroding my will to live. As an example with what I have to deal with, conflicts with my brother become more rispid, as the distance between us mount further. Gaming brings no joy most of the time. I do feel like in a dead end. Energy levels are bellow 0, I am happy if I can get out of bed, at all. Fortunately, today was above average, so I am using this to write a post on the blog, I haven't had the chance to do it in a while. It was a month of low productivity, and given how depressed I've become, I am surprised I managed to do anything at all. How I miss dear Johannes, I wish we could chat at some point, he is usually absent, and we do not have the chance to chat most of the time. Fortunately, today was relatively above averag

The Adventures of Mr. D'Onofrio and his Suitcase with 700 Socks! Chapter 21

 “Problem? What do you mean? Adelaide?”

“Zach, as I told you, your body is wrecked after all these moments of effort. You’ll be able to walk after a time of healing, but for now, you’ll have to use wheelchairs. Adelaide told me you both came here by walking; there is no way of you returning home on this condition.”

“What are you telling me? Am I trapped here?”

“No, it means you’ll have to return home by boat.”

“No! I wont do such a thing! Ships sink, they perish on storms, they’re evil! Grandpa and grandma are not here for their fault, I spent this time thinking you were dead because of them! No! There must be a better way!”

“This is the better way! Zach, you can’t walk!”

“And a wheelchair?! No, this is a vehicle, I can’t be in them”

“Zach, listen to me. You will be fine. Wheelchairs are just chairs with wheels! You will be fine, you guide the chair, if you want to, you or a person of your trust! And for the ship, I will be there with you, I’ll guide you home.”

“But Adelaide you have a home to return to as well, you’ve been absent for so long, people must be asking about you!”

“Don’t worry about me Zach. This is the chance you’ve got to live better. I’ll help you. Let’s face this fear, this trip will be fine.”

After all this time, Zach started to realize that he was tired of this fear, and just tired to react to anything. He was prepared to go with the flow. This was not a principle of his, fear of vehicles, this was something that made him sick and hold him back. But still, he was hesitating.

“But ships are dangerous”

“They’re not as dangerous as you think. You will be fine Zach, close your eyes if you have to, hold my hand, you got this fear.”

Zach took a deep breath. He was too tired to keep having his fear, he was going to face it and going home.

“If this is what I must do to return home, then I shall do it. Now please, be by my side Adelaide.”

“I’m not going anywhere.”

The character of Adelaide, by her commitment to Zach, the person she was guiding, impressed Kyle. After thinking a bit, he decided something big.

“I will abdicate the throne and go with you Zach, back home.”

“No, Kyle! You have a whole kingdom to run! This is your place now!”

“My place will always be my town, Zach! I came out of nowhere here and made it was king completely out of blank! I just did what I needed to do to survive, and I ended up thriving, but my place is at home! I’m not leaving this place hopeless though, Adelaide will be my successor to the throne!

“What?!” Shouted both Adelaide and Zach with the abrupt decision of Kyle.

“Your majesty, you can’t do that! I just arrived here! I have no idea what to do!”

“You have Adelaide, for as did I, you will have a choice. You can pick up the crown and keep on running the country, or you can appoint your successor and return home. I’m sure you’ll make the best decision and I’m happy to leave the fate of the kingdom in your hands, for each way you go, it will be a good one.”

“I can’t do that! You can’t abandon your kingdom, your majesty!”

“Please, call me Kyle, and as a matter of fact, I can and I will, this is the decision I think it suits me and the kingdom better. I will make the official announcement tomorrow. And don’t worry, Adelaide, you will have the help of my best ministers, you will be fine, I trust you, as the elder king that gave me the crown trusted me. I shall leave you alone, and tomorrow we’ll leave.”

“And who’ll be running the kingdom while we’re away, majesty?”

“My best minister, Adelaide! He is a good man and he’s a loyal servant to the king. I can trust him as well. His name is Norman Silverstone, or Monsieur Silverstone, Baron of Philadelphia. As you get to know him, in the future, you’ll find him your best man in the government as well. For now, I shall leave you both alone we must rest.”

Adelaide and Zach left they were at the room. They both were silent for a while, until Zach broke it.

“Today was quite a day, and tomorrow will be difficult for me. I think you’ll be a good queen, Adelaide.”

“I have no place to rule anyone, Zach. This is madness! I have a place to return to as well!”

“You can abdicate if you want to, Kyle granted you this option, I’m just saying, you’d be an amazing queen. Also, this is an opportunity for you, just take it. I support you whatever you choose. I’ll just miss you so much when all of this is done.”

“Let’s leave the goodbyes for the end, Zach. We’re still here.”

Adelaide didn’t know what to say or think, so she just went to a comfortable sofa over the corner, and went to sleep.

Comments

Popular Posts