Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which I plan my Christmas Card for 2024

Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post. Happy Sunday, and I wish you the best, both today and on the new week. I must say: September is going by very fast. It is not a bad thing on its own, but I dread the approximation of Summer. There is the bright side the season of holidays is coning, with special dates such as Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, specially Christmas on my end, since it is my favorite one. How are you, this Sunday? I was here very recently, so I do not expect you to be that much in a different mood, even if a lot can happen in even a couple of hours. s for me, I am... still afloat, recovering from a harsh day, of many tears and no hope. As I try to occupy my free time, I did manage to play some games, such as Sims 3, and Europa Universalis, as well as trying Victoria 3 once again. On Sims 3, as I was in much distress, I decided that I would treat myself to some expansions of the game that I was missing: those were the niche last one released for the game:

In Which we have season four of Anno 1800 Announced! Merry Christmas indeed!

 Hello friends, and welcome to another post! Writing is fun and it is nice to put your thoughts out there! Happy Wednesday, happy Christmas season! How have you been? I've been through ups and downs, I received a terrible message from someone on Discord that was a moderator from a community I was in for quite a while, and then, after this humiliation and demoralizing moment I left said community. If I can't act whatever I feel like in a place, I'm not staying in it. I'm not sorry. Sorry I annoyed you with my friendship, all I have to say. Won't let that bring my Christmas down. Took me some days to get over it but I'm starting to get into my feet again! I'd say overall was a tough week, but that is wrapped up at this point. Something else could happen, but let's not call anything bad upon us, shall we? Forget all of the tears that you cried, it's over, the relief is hard to hide! I have some stuff to look forward to! With my laptop upgraded, I have more freedom to do whatever I want in it, as the only major barrier for more creativity was my limited RAM, that's somewhat solved! Apart from that, the videocard is fairly decent, the SSD is a dream come true, and so on! I could stream again, can run more than one program at once, don't have to worry about closing discord or other launcher when playing a more heavy game, such as Age of Empires or Anno. And speaking of Anno, very exciting news were shared last week about this game that still is in my life strong: it'll get a season 4!!!


At first, I didn't know what to think of it, as Season 3 itself wasn't expected at all. Many were thinking they would announce they were working on another entry on the franchise. Some people would love a new Anno set in Asia, personally, I'd love a spin-off of Anno set in Meiji Japan. Itroo talked about an Anno set in fantasy realm Medieval Europe. Many guesses, none were proven right, as Anno 1800 is a success of the genre, Blue Byte and Ubisoft can't get enough of it, and here comes season 4! Like I said, I didn't know what to make of it, but now I just cannot wait! As they teased, season 3 was focused in the Old World, so Season 4 will be focused in the New World, a challenging and lush region that kinda got forgotten starting in the Land of Lions DLC. The original plans, so I've heard, were to make it more proeminent, those, until now, never happened, but as we can see, those plans are back in the table! It has the potential to expand Anno even further! We still don't know if by "New World" they meant just the actual new world region, or all the alternative regions, like Enbesa and the Arctic. I can see good things on both scenarios, and also bad things. The thing we know for sure is that this new season won't bring any new map, which is bitter and sweet, like I said, some people were demanding an Asian region. I gave up on that long ago and embraced the Spin-off idea instead. Either way, season 4 could be the opportunity to bring Anno 1800 to a season 5, even, for the good or for the bad. It could be the last season and the entry to a new game in the franchise, who knows? Takarazuka is interested in this new entry also. I can see some people in his server hating this already, well, not me. Thinking about it, Anno 1800 deserves more content, even if it's getting intimidating for new players on a budget to get into it. It's not as bad as The Sims 4, where the cheapest pack costs like 40 reais/10 dollars, and also just the amount of packs. In comparison, Anno 1800, though the base game is relatively expensive, has reasonable costing packs (so far, I hope this doesn't change). I may even write a guide for new players, on what packs they should get, what do you think? I believe many have done it before, but well, many are not me. Well, this post is getting very big, I believe I should wrap it up, even if I haven't even mentioned the new Cosmetic DLC they added to the game, which is my favorite! I may mention it in a new post, or write a whole post dedicated to it... Either way, I wish you the best, and I see you real soon! Much love, and for goodness sake be yourself always.

Comments

Popular Posts