Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have a September alongside Crisis, Ballet, and Christmas Expectation

Happy Wednesday, my good friend, dear reader of this post! How are you? As for me, I am okay... as okay as I could be, given how extremely turbulent the month of September has been, specially mentally. I have had days of much melancholy and boredom is corroding my will to live. As an example with what I have to deal with, conflicts with my brother become more rispid, as the distance between us mount further. Gaming brings no joy most of the time. I do feel like in a dead end. Energy levels are bellow 0, I am happy if I can get out of bed, at all. Fortunately, today was above average, so I am using this to write a post on the blog, I haven't had the chance to do it in a while. It was a month of low productivity, and given how depressed I've become, I am surprised I managed to do anything at all. How I miss dear Johannes, I wish we could chat at some point, he is usually absent, and we do not have the chance to chat most of the time. Fortunately, today was relatively above averag

In Which I prefer Age of Empires 3 over All Others

Hey guys, dear readers of this post! Welcome in, just keep in mind I'll rant, A LOT, and there will be spoilers ahead for the Age of Empires 3 campaign, amongst other things. Before we begin, though, I want to have a picture of my #bestofInstagram thing, and just to ask how are you, how are things going? I do wish you the best, hope you are fine! I'm glad to be here, glad it is a new week! I was just so angry, guys, that some are so mean, that's all, reason I wrote this post. Anyway, here's a picture from my Instagram Files! Christmas train of 2012! Since we are talking about AOE, I believe it's a good one.

I could start writing this with an apology, but I can't stand those, it won't change anyone's opinions anyway, none review ever do. I prefer Age of Empires 3 over 2, even if I grew up with those two games. I must say, first, I had a terrible experience with Age of Empires II: HD edition. How was it? Well, I used to be BIG on campaigns, even if I as a child only managed to, after trying many times, on EASY difficulty, beat the Age of Empires 3, original one, the one of the Black Family and the Circle of Ossus. Looking back, I have mainly a trouble with the act 2 of said campaign putting Russia on the bad side, specially because it makes 0 sense that neither Empress Elisabeth Petrovna, Peter III or Catherine II Alexeyevna of Russia would sent a freaking army to pass over Siberia to invade the freaking Americas over the Pacific Ocean, that is too much poet license for me, that is an admirer of Tsarist Russia, specially of the incredible court civilization that was in the country on the 18th century, overall. It was a vibrant world of diplomats, fireworks, wigs, gifts, beautiful outfits and so on, everything that turn my head around. Anyway... I shouldn't really get so upset at this, and I'm getting upset way after I finished such run, more than 10 years after, still. Anyway, going back to the bad AOE2 experience, I've managed to complete the campaigns of that game, from the original expansions down to the new ones, on moderate difficulty, if I can recall. Well, in January 2017, I had a problem with the files of the game, and I lost all my progress. And, mind you, I played Age of Empires 2 way more than 3 back in the day, because I already played Age 3 enough as a younger lad. even if I liked the two as different games. The data failure and the lost of all my progress changed that drastically. I was so angry I was done with 2, since the Skirmish play of 2 I didn't like as much as I did 3. Anyway, when the Definitive Edition of 2 came out, I was done with the series altogether, I purchased it only because back in the day I was somehow testing multiplayer with friends, who preferred the 2. When the Definitive Edition of 3 came out, because at that point, with the HD edition of 3 on Steam out, I was one of the first buyers, and I found some things weird with it, I even wrote about it later, like the lack of progression with the homeland cards, the change of names I didn't like at all, but at the end of the day, 2 years after the version 3 was launched, specially after they added the European Maps, my time with 3, quality time, is upwards, just the past months I played 20 hours of the game, and it's always on my mind, while I uninstalled 2, and have no plans on having it back. The fact is I hate Esports, the multiplayer competition, I had this guy once on the team that was so angry at my pace he yelled at me to go back to SimCity, I cried the whole night because that's no way of treating both SimCity and me, a human being. Those sweaty players, I am sure God will punish them for their bad behavior. At the end of the day, I am just so PISSED that people treat 3 so badly! It is not a bad game, and their reasons for disliking it, myself growing devoid of such drama (thank God), are just... not justifications that I find convincing! I don't know, I know what is like to dislike a newer version of the game in comparison to the last one, I complain about Civ6, for example, and took me a while to prefer Anno 1800 over 1404, still though, I always STRESS that I love both Civ6 and Civ5, and Anno 1800 and 1404 are both worthy of the title of best games, way better they are than 2070 and, God forbids, 2205. I know some may get angry at my words, but I really just wanna expose them out there. Like I said, it saddens me that people would treat 3 so poorly... while they try to get their ELO on 2 higher, honestly, get a life. I love videogames, but to treat them so competitively, so... ah, I don't know, it misses the point grossly! I mean, I can understand people saying one should play EU4 on Ironman, I do play on IronMan, and no, I'm not good at the game. I don't know, balance, people, balance is Key, a game doesn't have to be freaking TheSims4, which is no game, just a glorified Dollhouse (that I still play), but it also doesn't have to be freaking CoD. At the end of the day, I just believe in a reasonable approach, even if I have 2600 hours on Civ5, at least 1200 of those was me playing on Settler, and even on settler, losing! Because I don't want to be the best player, I just want to take it one step at a time, improve on my pace, when I'm ready I'll go to Chief level, and so on. I stopped on level 5 on Civ5, and reached level 7 on Civ6. I don't want people to be like me, they can go to level 8 if they want to, the hardest, just don't be sweaty about it. They can play on Multiplayer as well, even if I fail to see the point of playing Civ on multi, just DON'T BE SWEATY about it, man! This is not the olympics, and if I have to pick sides, I'd be sorely against videogames in the olympics altogether. Esport is no sport at all. BUT, at the end of the day, just you do you, just don't come to my ear yelling I'm doing something wrong. You do you, play TheSims4 like it's a game, play AOE2 on multi, just don't, like the portuguese expression goes "encha meu saco". (which in english would be something like "don't annoy me". Yea, this post is getting big, it's one of those where I rant, I mean, I love you, dear reader, thank you for being here, wish you the best, and I see you again real soon! Thank you for reading my rant, I hope you see value on it.

Comments

Popular Posts