Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which the much waited DLC for Victoria 3 comes out!

Good morning, my friend, reader of this post! Happy Thursday! How are you and how was your week so far? How is the weather? As for me, I cannot deny it was a week with a great event, new DLC for Victoria 3 being released. The game, that I haven't touched much since May, was quickly revived by this new content. More on that, further on the this blog entry. I am overall okay, some ups and downs, I suppose it happens. At least I managed to sleep more reasonably Wednesday night, it has been rare for me to rest as much when I am supposed to do it, so that is a good achievement! The weather has been pleasant as well, cheers to that, I love Winter! How June is going by fast, at this point. Soon, it will be over. I already should plan on my Wrap up post of the month, so we can start July in a good way... one month closer to my birthday. I still hope I can switch phones, somehow, but financial troubles still haunt me. I did spend more in June than I was expecting, way more than I should, mu

In Which the new season of The Crown falls short

Good morning, my friend, reader of this post! Welcome to the divagation store once again! How are you today? How are things going? I do wish you the best, and hope your day is going swimmingly so far. And as for me, well, I'm okay, I did have a nightmare, true, and also had some hunger attack issues this morning, and also that dreadful feeling of not wanting to do anything - which is not a good thing. I am discouraged of playing Victoria 3, because the late-game lags so much. Humankind released a new DLC, but I am still to find value in that game, that once excited me a lot, but now, not as much. Civilization 6, rumor has it, is to have another set of DLCs, which makes me sad, because that game is overstaying by a significant margin. Another game overstaying by a significant margin is The 4th edition of The Sims, that, brace yourself, received two more of their "kits"... I wonder how to spend my free time these days. I could draw, maybe I'll do it today, I was feeling a bit excited to do it, but then I stepped back a bit. I am rejoicing on the fact my college extended the deadline for the works we have to deliver, doesn't mean I won't do them till much later, I will in fact do them as fast as I can, but it does mean I have some extra time to breathe. Talking about releases and news, season 5 of The Crown was released this 9th of November. After the less than adequate season 4, I wondered what to expect. Well, it is clear the show has lost relevancy, not only for me, but in general, the new season is not to be trusted as a "documentary" as they change the facts so much as to not even being worth to be said "based on real events". One example of this is the Annus Horribilis speech of the queen, given on 1992, that was drastically changed, something I didn't stand. Princess Diana as I watched this season, became unbearable to me, as a self-absorbed brat. To be fair, Prince Charles I deemed as leftist and dangerous. I am glad they dedicated an episode in honor of the Romanovs, that, as you know, were assassinated in 1917. They were portrayed positively, as they should, but even there, some distortion on facts happened. Even with the distortions, that episode was somewhat interesting, which can't be said of the rest of this season, that I'd be very kind and give it a 5 out of 10 in grade. I couldn't get passed the episode 7, the wokeness of the writers drove me away at the end.

I was planning to write this post earlier this week, but I couldn't bring myself to write, not on the beloved divagation store, not on my beloved more personal journal. I've been unfortunately dealing with the feeling of apathy and lack of joie de vivre these days. Some moments I celebrate I can get out of bed at all! I really hope the christmas decorations at my grandma come sooner rather than later, because I havent taken pictures of anything for a while, it seems like I took pictures of all there was to take these days... On that note, here we have a picture from my Best of Instagram series, which is a greek motif. I took it forever ago, I believe at the end of 2017-beginning of 2018, it was at the magazine. I do remember being one of the first pictures of 2018, on that social media. Well, what more is there to say? I would like to wrap up today's post saying thank you yet again for being here, friend, reader of this post! And I hope to return real soon with more. I really hope my mind gets kinder on me, because as it is now, I can barely even share this post online, as I deem it "too much work" and I could see something that displeases me on Twitter... Anyway, see you again real real soon.

Comments