Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which I plan my Christmas Card for 2024

Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post. Happy Sunday, and I wish you the best, both today and on the new week. I must say: September is going by very fast. It is not a bad thing on its own, but I dread the approximation of Summer. There is the bright side the season of holidays is coning, with special dates such as Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, specially Christmas on my end, since it is my favorite one. How are you, this Sunday? I was here very recently, so I do not expect you to be that much in a different mood, even if a lot can happen in even a couple of hours. s for me, I am... still afloat, recovering from a harsh day, of many tears and no hope. As I try to occupy my free time, I did manage to play some games, such as Sims 3, and Europa Universalis, as well as trying Victoria 3 once again. On Sims 3, as I was in much distress, I decided that I would treat myself to some expansions of the game that I was missing: those were the niche last one released for the game:

In Which I stress that Pacing is Importsnt

Good morning, my friend, dear reader of this post! Happy Monday! How are you, and how was your Sunday? How is the weather? I am overall okay, and my Sunday was a solid 6/10. I played some more of Civilization 4, and a bit of Civilization 5 as well. God knows what drove me back to Civ 4... maybe the music, or maybe just the videogame burn out of the past week causing me to see some other games. I also played some Sims 3, as I was particularly inspired by some very chaotic playthrough of said entry of this now dying franchise. I am taking my Sim Mr. Geoffrey Trianon in an adventure in Monte Vista, a stunning world. And apart from this realm of games, I would very much desire to work on a drawing at some point... I have this idea in my head, but it may take a while before I can spill everything out. One step at a time, I suppose, there is none other way... I am here at my grandma's, enjoying the Air conditioning. If only I could have that at my own house as well... it has been a harsh summer, I pray this may be over with very soon. I was thinking about a theme in which to write today... I was considering returning to this game, Old World, as they released a new DLC. But I am short on money to consider purchasing it... really, the past year have seen me in a lot of financial issues, I never know how I will be able to pay my expenses. That is a major issue that concerns me a lot, specially because I still do not know how would I get a job, it seems like a remote distant possibility. The money would help a lot, but still a distant reality from me. I really do not want to go too fast today. If ever. I do not want to burn out, I cry in frustration to aknowledge that I could be in a sorry state for the rest of the day, just by not really feeling like doing much at all... I am trying to keep a good pace, I am even afraid of wrapping up this post too soon, as to lock for today the possibility of writing again... I cannot survive in a chaotic pace, I prefer to keep on my control, where I do in a rhythim one at a time. Open one app at a time, chop, chop, chop. One after the other. Until everything is perfect and agony is no more. And speaking of pacing...


An outstanding pastry cake from my grandma's birthday celebration yesterday. Very beautiful, a fitting homage to her 8th decade of living! May more decades follow.

What are the differences between the entries of the Civilization franchise? I trust it is the pacing. Civilization 4 on the settings of my preference happens quickly and chaotically. The last expansion released for this entry is quite interesting, it has a mechanic of randomly generated events that was not seen again in Civ, so far. In contrast, the pacing of Civ 5 is gentle and slow, even on quick mode, it can get tiresome, I am aware, but still... The new wonders and Civs of the expansion Beyond the Sword for Civ 4, last add-on DLC for Civ 4, are fun, added were the Holy Roman Empire as a proper civ, headed by Charlemagne. I would have preferred the Civ 5 approach, where Austria was added as a Civ. Other civ added rwas Byzantium, and also Babylon... the music in Civ 4 is great, but... the renaissance music is all wrong, all the compositions are from the 18th century, which is like only 400 years after the renaissance proper happened... the 18th century was another period of time. The contemporary music, all wrong! Least of all we'd be stuck in an eternal loop of John Adams in 1989... Yes, I have an ambiguous relationship with this composer. I want to hate him, but... I really like the Grand Pianola. In contrast, Civilization 5 has a more serious cohesive tone to it. Time stands still, but in a good way, even if the pieces get tiresome overtime. I resort to my own music, which I change as the years passes by. I listen to Rondeaus at the renaissance, Baroque in 17th century, Rococo Galante pieces in early-to-mid 18th century, classical proper music in the late 18th century, as it is supposed to be have. Romantic music throughout the 19th century, and transition to some more popular tunes as we approach our current year. I haven't done this musical journey in a while, though, as I have been playing other games than Civ. So it goes.

Well, I trust I wrote a great deal today, and the post was a nice one, even if I was agonizing over pacing... I have things to do today besides my hobbies and niceties. I have a work to return to. I have therapy to attend. Ideally due to my money issues I would attend via telephone call, but alas, I have some paperwork to deliver there to my therapist. Anyway, as I wrote a lot, time to wrap up for today. I should return as the week goes, preferably on Wednesday, bur perhaps a day later... if I am up to it, I will write tomorrow as well, but anyway... until then, I wish you the best, and see you again real real real real real soon!

Comments

Popular Posts