Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which I plan my Christmas Card for 2024

Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post. Happy Sunday, and I wish you the best, both today and on the new week. I must say: September is going by very fast. It is not a bad thing on its own, but I dread the approximation of Summer. There is the bright side the season of holidays is coning, with special dates such as Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, specially Christmas on my end, since it is my favorite one. How are you, this Sunday? I was here very recently, so I do not expect you to be that much in a different mood, even if a lot can happen in even a couple of hours. s for me, I am... still afloat, recovering from a harsh day, of many tears and no hope. As I try to occupy my free time, I did manage to play some games, such as Sims 3, and Europa Universalis, as well as trying Victoria 3 once again. On Sims 3, as I was in much distress, I decided that I would treat myself to some expansions of the game that I was missing: those were the niche last one released for the game:

In Which the videogame standstill continues...

Good morning, my friend, reader of this post! Happy Monday! Another beginning of week, and it is also the last one for 2024's August! I believe this one went by fast! In any case, how are you? How has August been treating you, as a whole? How is the weather? As for me, I am okay, this morning, the weather still haa been, much to my relief, mild, and the weekend was overall out of any major issues. Yesterday it was the celebration of my mom's birthday! I, however, decided not to go, because I was not planning to get out the house, and because of my dietary restrictions. I felt bad, and I feel I've been distant from people these days, but I will not lament much more than that. In any case, today is her actual birthday, which is a reason to rejoice! And overall, August has been alright. I cannot complain, given I had my birthday, and I am out of most financial issues, for example. I worked on more drawings than I was expecting, and I will try to do some more, maybe, before the end of the month. It was not a month necessarily to highlight as a milestone of happiness, but also not bad, unlike yestyear August.


Some lovely doggies for today's post! You all know by this time I like to post a picture for a post, this one would be no different!

It has been, alas, a moment of videogame standstill, overall. The purchase of my external ssd drive was a huge addition, allowing me to enjoy more games, given the limited storage on my laptop. That was nice, but did not entirely brought me inspiration for gaming... I don't know, it was a bit of a moment of lack of enthusiasm. I played Victoria 3, which was nice, but the saves always come to a halt at the later half of the countdown, because I run out of things I desire to do. Civ 5 has not progressed much, given Austria, my civ of choice for the season, my beloved Austria, is not Egypt, so it is harder to build wonders with it. Civ 6 is not a better entry to start a game on, given it has its own set of setbacks, such as the need to expand, when I usually prefer to play tall, first, and second, it usually does not give you much space to do so anyway. I have also played Sims 3, which is nice, but I am not always on the mood to try it. Other games were considered but not tried yet... in any case, music has been a great way to keep trying to play, even when I am not feeling it. I have a new set of headsets that are quite good to listen to music, and as I mentioned before, Apple Music has a better sound quality, causing me to rediscover some old songs! Sometimes, I also wonder "what is the point" of games, of my hobbies... and sometimes I feel exhausted, mentally, to answer this question. But anyway, I hope I can satisfactoraly answer it sometime, but at least it does not bother me as much most time.

I think it is time to wrap today's post, then! As always, I will be back real soon, though, so no worries! I will come with a wrap up of August and opening of September, for example! What will I do with the rest of my day? I hope I can draw... now that I have my scanner back, given I got a proper printing cable, I would love to scan some more drawings into the computer! Maybe more games... we will see. I also have some more activities for college to finish, given the test will be available soon. As I mentioned, it has been going fast! So, thank you once again for being here! Wish you the best!! Happy new week! See you again real soon!!!! Cheers!


Comments

Popular Posts