Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which I plan my Christmas Card for 2024

Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post. Happy Sunday, and I wish you the best, both today and on the new week. I must say: September is going by very fast. It is not a bad thing on its own, but I dread the approximation of Summer. There is the bright side the season of holidays is coning, with special dates such as Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, specially Christmas on my end, since it is my favorite one. How are you, this Sunday? I was here very recently, so I do not expect you to be that much in a different mood, even if a lot can happen in even a couple of hours. s for me, I am... still afloat, recovering from a harsh day, of many tears and no hope. As I try to occupy my free time, I did manage to play some games, such as Sims 3, and Europa Universalis, as well as trying Victoria 3 once again. On Sims 3, as I was in much distress, I decided that I would treat myself to some expansions of the game that I was missing: those were the niche last one released for the game:

In Which we have the official announcement of Civilization 7!


Good evening, my great friend, reader of this post! Happy Wednesday-Thursday!! How are you, today? How was the weekend overall, and how is the week going? As for me, I am okay. The weekend was pleasant, and the weather is also on a good position. This morning I am a bit sore mentally, given I got up from my rest too soon, and the games I play I feel lead to nowhere. Such is the frustration of playing Civilization 6 and Victoria 3, from time to time... I have been tempted to retry on Civ 6 after a loss, which gets old fast, the process of restarting over and over. Same with Victoria 3... I tell myself I will resist my urges and play something more fulfilling once I return to the computer, but the odds is I will try yet another one match of the said games. Moments like this makes me question why even bother to play games, since they seem to lead nowhere, I always prefer hobbies where I feel I am doing something productive, that will leave a mark in my life. Then again, it can be a trap, that desire of jumping from thrilled experience to the other, when life can be tepid most of the time. I am terrified of boredom I suppose. To talk more on the topic of "what is the point", why do I draw, or write? Sometimes it feels like it is all for not. I don't like this feeling, it is the one that captured my head at the moment.


Here are some sleeping cats for today's post!
In any case, such was my state of mind this Monday, fortunately I overcome it, partially. One step at a time, and some days are better than others! In any case, a huge event happened this Tuesday, which was the release of footage of Civilization 7! Well, this is where the thrill ends, as the whole thing was incredibly underwhelming. My criticism starts on the fact the event was pre-recorded and overproduced. I don't think such artificiality is good on the videogame industry. Then, we go to the price of the game. Civilization 7 is by far one of the most expensive games I've seen, of the franchise and as a whole. The starting price being around 70 dollars, which is 350 reais, my own currency. And this for the starting level, it gets out of hand fast, with the extreme ultra-deluxe edition costing 700 reais, equivalent of half a brazilian minimum wage... that soured the whole affair to me. And if only the main issue was the pricing. The game clearly, from what they've shown, lost much of its originality and what made Civilization a civ experience. I think the last Civ where we felt we were on a cohesive franchise was Civ 5. Civ 6 being the first game not to feel like an improvement over the other. This one feels like... a mistep, they ripped off the game Humankind badly, and not only Humankind, but also Millenia, another small title of the grand strategy genre. The graphics don't look as bad as the ones in Civ 6, thank Goodness, but that's hardly a point of celebration. The new Era mechanic feels... underwhelming, and only 3 eras in the game, with vague uninspiring titles. As a whole, for me, this was a very bad first impression, and I was not the only one who thought that way, given many on the comments have been sharing my frustration and concerns over the direction of the series... not to mention, the game will probably require a high-end computer of the latest generation. That is the only acceptable thing in the Civ franchise, to keep pushing the envelope. If they don't go all in, it will feel even more like a step in the wrong direction. It is a lose-lose scenario for me anyway. I have no condition of changing my machine in the near or mid future. Also, are they having Christopher Tin, again, for the opening score and main title of the franchise? At this point, it is hardly anything to drive home about. In Civ 6, already it felt like a nostalgia-driven move, given Tin was the author of the main score for Civ 4, that viralized and won an award. I think Tin has been overused at this point...

Concerning Civ 7, these are the main points I had to bring fourth with you, my friend. Unfortunately, I predict bad things for this game. And I want to be wrong, I want the game to be a success, but given the misdirections, I expect a terrible release... we will see, and pray that it is not that bad... the game should be releasing on February 11th 2025, I hope it is not delayed. If anything, their superproduction of a video at least gave a reliable look to the game. Stale, uninspiring and corporate in a bad way? Yes, but also reliable and professional, they were taking no chances.

In any case, I trust this is where I'll leave you for today, of course, don't worry, I should be back real soon with more thoughts and ideas and so on, here on the blog. And I apologize for not writing much this week, you know I can get sidetracked from time to time... So, I see you again real soon, hopefully on the weekend, and I wish you the best! Farewell!!!! Keep being awesome.

Comments

Popular Posts