Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which I plan my Christmas Card for 2024

Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post. Happy Sunday, and I wish you the best, both today and on the new week. I must say: September is going by very fast. It is not a bad thing on its own, but I dread the approximation of Summer. There is the bright side the season of holidays is coning, with special dates such as Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, specially Christmas on my end, since it is my favorite one. How are you, this Sunday? I was here very recently, so I do not expect you to be that much in a different mood, even if a lot can happen in even a couple of hours. s for me, I am... still afloat, recovering from a harsh day, of many tears and no hope. As I try to occupy my free time, I did manage to play some games, such as Sims 3, and Europa Universalis, as well as trying Victoria 3 once again. On Sims 3, as I was in much distress, I decided that I would treat myself to some expansions of the game that I was missing: those were the niche last one released for the game:

In Which we say Hello to August! My 26th birthday month!!

Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post! Happy Joyful month of August!! How are you, today? How did your first days of such a beautiful month go? As for me, I am okay, and just relieved I reached another birthday month in my life! August 12 is the big day for me, and I hope to celebrate as best as I can. I hope I can talk to Johannes, my good old friend, and maybe eat a slice of pizza. As for the week, it was okay. I played some games such as Anno 1404, specially on the second half of the week, on the first, I played Civ 5 more. Also, a bit of Victoria 3 and EU4, though not too much of it. Also, I decided to start a new save on Sims 3! Following the suggestion of my new friend, I created myself on the game, and have been playing with it! I moved to the city world, Bridgeport, and got myself a small studio, that I am desperate to move out of, and I don't care if the building has a swimming pool, it is just too freaking small! Back to Anno 1404, I've been slowly building my occidental city and oriental one, and after struggling a lot financially at the start, I am making good money now! I feel confined by the islands that are available to me, unfortunately, so I am thinking of acquiring some islands belonging to my rival, and in particular Helena Flores. If I buy her main island, she will withdraw from the game and I'll be able to breathe a bit more. I could also take the old Willem out, too, but I am not sure, we shall see, I still don't have enough money for such maneuvers. Mr. Giovanni di Mercante is also on the game, but I appreciate the guy, so I am not taking him out, specially because he is a 3 star AI, therefore harder to deal with. One thing I've been enjoying in this game is the protection of the witches, I provide them with herbs and they in return provide me with protection from all the plagues and diseases, which is amazing! Of course I could just disable the plague on the setting of the match, but what's the fun in that, really?

I also have excellent news! My dear mom, God bless her soul, provided me with a huge money amount for birthday gift, alongside my allowance, and that was enough for me to wipe out any debt I was still hanging on!! One bank's bill was entirely paid, and so was the other one. The one that was causing me trouble, I managed to negotiate the debt and I am now able to pay it off in reasonable time. I am relieved and filled with joy. With some of the money, also, I purchased to myself a birthday gift, which are some cushioned slippers, that I cannot wait to try them out! I really do not desire to go into any sort of money spending spree again, not if this means I will be under such strain later, but with my situation being a bitty bit less suffocating, I can think of the future, also. Anyway, I definitely wish I could draw something at some point, if I can find some time free from gaming.

Classes are back! This month's discipline sounds good and is being ministered by an excellent teacher! I myself have been enjoying it, even if I just started seeing the classes, and it could not be different, because they were released this August  1st, we are barely at the beginning of this month. In any case, I want to watch another video class today, and to proceed on the activities, also to keep providing the teacher with my opinions and feedback.


The slippers I ordered. I hope they are as good as the picture indicates. We should see when they arrive.

All in all, I suppose this is a very auspicious start of August. I do not desire to say it will be all amazing and perfect, though, as we don't know exactly what lies ahead. I say this, because I have a slight tendency of seeing it in extremes. Either I am profoundly pessimistic, and the whole thing will be a disaster unsalvageable, or it will be perfect and superb, and I judge such scenario based on the immediate present situation. This is never ideal, and I aim towards more equilibrium on my approach. In any case, based on the improvement of my financial situation, birthday season, and immediate present good disposition, it has been a pleasant set of 2-3 days. We will see how the rest of it will go. We still have Father's day, we will have my next visit to the dietitian, and also I hope to visit grandma, that without mentioning the fact Civ 7 will be unveiled at the third half of the month, on August 20. So... we'll see.

In any case, I should wrap up today's welcoming August post here, because you know how I feel about long posts. When should I be back? Soon, I hope! Around next week. Maybe my slippers would have arrived by then, though I got the cheap freight cost, so only to be expected to be here around the birthday week... not that I am in a hurry, just excited to see if my investment on comfort was a good one. Arriving earlier or more towards their deliver prediction, I should come back to the publication soon! Until then, I wish you once again a wonderful August, and the best! We'll chat as it goes, farewell my friend! See you again real soon.

Comments

Popular Posts