In Which I write about America's Mozart: George Gershwin
Hello, sir friend, reader of this present post of the Divagation Store, how are you, this transition from Sunday to Monday? Hope the weather is alright on your end, it has been, on the northern hemisphere, a huge Super El Nino season, has been quite an agressive one, and I feel for everyone struggling in the heat, as I myself dislike summer a lot. The heat in the tropical area is a different kind of heat, but still, we share the grief of the most horrid days. Here, it is winter, and has been very amene, which I appreciate. It hasn't been raining as much, alas, but the days have been pleasant.
I did mention that even the most fresh of days could not improve my melancholia. On that, I have promising signs: my appointment with my psychiatrist was very positive, given we decided to test a new medication into the prescription, that we will adjust as a next step in improving my life quality as a guy who suffers from OCD, and has to deal with the things that come with this horrible condition, alongside another bad condition, the touches of Autism, which were hard to cope with, but it is what it is, I still am me. Back to the medication: it is eary to tell, but I am very happy to say it seems to be remarkably effective in improving my disposition, and that alone mitigates depression in a huge deal! Well, there is this to celebrate, maybe I will work on more drawings as it goes!
I definitely felt more inclined to writing, that is nice, I like writing, I appreciate getting creative with words, just to write the thoughts out. And speaking of thoughts, happy to say I had an insight earlier, and I would love to share it! So, it is as follows, and I think quite nice for America's 250th anniversary.
I came with an impromptu thought the other hour of today, this Sunday, July 19th 2026, and that is: perhaps George Gershwin, a tremendous American composer and musician, and in fact all around artist (he could paint as well), could as well be considered America's Mozart by the immense musical repertoire he possessed, the easiness and glee which he went from Broadway with his musicals and the concert hall with his brilliant opera Porgy and Bess, as Mozart did as well, from the coffeehouses with the Magic Flute to the grand salons with The Marriage of Figaro and all his extraordinary symphonies. Gershwin and Mozart were amongst the best pianists of their times, and they both went much too soon, Mozart perishing at 35 while Gershwin's light went out at 38. And their death was like a gravitas being pulled away from their respective musical scenes. Mozart's demise was an immense loss for the era of Classical Music, while Gershwin's was a horrible loss for his own Jazz era. I personally like to think of Gershwin as America's Mozart, and I trust he rises to this title. In the year of America's 250th anniversary, talking about one of her most prestigious sons is really appropriate, he definitely is one of my favorite composers, and got me into Jazz, even!
At times I have more I wanted to write, I don't have it on paper only because I could not manage to convey the sentences, but well. I could write more about the wreckage that is the iconoclast work by Mr. Nolan, his Odyssey movie, I could write more some frustrations with the new traditional, new classical architecture and urban planning movements, that though I share much of the ideas with, I don't feel as a part of anymore. All that perhaps for another chance. Maybe none at all, but interesting ideas. But as for today, I think it is time to wrap up the post? It is quite long, is it not?
As I approach its end, I ask you not to distress, I should return real real real soon, along this new week, so I can write more thoughts and ideas out, and perhaps you will find them interesting. But anyway, I wish you the best, happy new week, thank you for being here, I will see you again real soon! Farewell but just for now.

Comments
Post a Comment