In Which I try not to do typos, and even failing, still finish another good post!
My friend, how happy I am to see you! Good morning, happy Wednesday! How are you, on this August that goes quite fast? As for me, I am okay, had some college bureocracy to do to start the week, am trying to keep the heads up. This morning has been particularly pleasant in temperature, the wind is cold and it swirls frigid for tropical standards, which is a wearher I thrive on. Took me a bit to wake up more actively, and I felt anxious after a while, but apart from that, I am okay. At least the weather is pleasant for now, though I am afraid it will grow hotter by lunchtime.
Before we continue, I wanted to ask for patience on today's post. I know what my eyes are facing now: dehidration. It has been taken care of, with the eye lubricant and etc., the problem is now more related to the touchscreen, I keep typing the wrong letters, and it causes me agony. On one hand, I produce much better on my phone, reclining in bed. On the other, typing on the phone is a pain... I suppose it is that thing about trade offs.
I think overall this week was not exactly as bad as the birthday week, which was one of stress. I am scared to say that I am going upwards, as the trend may reverse, and I would feel humiliated for have erred. Quite stupid, but those thoughts at times cross my mind and they can cause damage to my self esteem, that is not exactly that elevated, and it never was. It could not grow to be, I feel embarassed by compliments at times, and believe in the reprimands to a tee.
There are some thoughts in mind to write about, I started reading another brilliant book by Mrs. Rand, which is Capitalism: An Unknown Ideal. I find mrs. Rand and I agree and endorse almost all the same points, though with some differences. She was atheist, and did see abortion not as a morally bad action, but a positive one, or at least neutral. I an not an atheist, I lean closer to the baptist spectrum of christianity, though not officially. And for a long time I have seen abortion as murder, a position I can be quite strong about.
The curious thing that I found was, though, the discovery Objectivism of Mrs. Rand is not incompatible with christianity, in fact, the two frames more agree than disagree on the majority of values, of course varying from creed to another. She grew up on tbe last days of the Russian Empire, after all, and some more pious orthodox sects are more tragic, much less forgiving, almost anti-human, as she would agree, on the sense of preaching altruism, abnegation, and all sort of mystical interpretations of the sermons. That is the approach to christianity she is strongly and emphatically rejecting. I don'r fhink all of the branches of the very big frame of Christ are the same, though. She likes her absolute, yes or no, principles. I am not exactly so, though I am inclined to agree with her, still, and as such, we still differ, and I find myself leaning more to the approach of my grandparents, I find it being a much reasonable view of the religion.
And had her teenage years and attended college during the destruction of that empire by the soviets, new regime that was particularly cruel to her family, and that of so many others. She saw the uncoordinated white army being defeated by the red army, she saw her family's means of living and properties being confiscated by the soviets, she went to be at the brink of starvation, alongside his now ailing equals. And so, I understand she saw that the orthodox church did not offer a proper counterpoint to the horrors of communism, not in her day, anyway. As such, I can absolutely understand her complete denial of christianity. I don't share that with her, but I understand. Such is life. It is very very rare to find another human I have most in common, I can only, right now, think of my friend Charles. As such, it is okay to have this divergence with Mrs. Rand, at least she gives me the satisfaction of not only being anticommunist, but being antitotalitarian and anticollectivist as a whole. That is to be worthy of fireworks.
There is a book I read, the marvelous Redeeming the West, by a group of authors, that agrees with me that Rand and Christianity are not only compatible, but can even complement one another. I am most eager to speak of this book, but the post is getting very long! I don't want to add nore paragraphs and occupy so much of your precious time, my friend. I am wrapping the post. I can't promise I will mention this amazing book Redeeming the west on my immediate next one, but I hope that may be the case. In any occasion, I will be back at some point around the weekend, perhaps later, but I shakl be back, don't worry! We'll see. Until then, farewell! Have an excellent day, thank you and I wish you the best, cheers!!!

Comments
Post a Comment