IT'S TIME FOR SONG OF THE WEEK!! Hello everyone! Happy Friday!! How are things going with you today so far? How are you?? As always, I wish for the best!! I have no class today, so I can write this post earlier like I used to do on vacation time, how awesome is that?? This week was quite a mixed one, we had one third of rain, two thirds of heat, what a different winter indeed! August is doing fine so far, I made some sketches and I'm about to move to season 8 of
Friends, FINALLY!! I also plan on watching some movies and even starting new shows! Okay okay, I'm a talkative person, let's move to the song of the week, a very touching one by ABBA!
ABBA - The Way Old Friends Do

This track of the much celebrated record by the Swedish Group: Super Trouper, is indeed very sensitive and subtle, quite melancholic but full of hope. Performed at live at the Wembley Arena in London, definitely creates an atmosphere of its own! It's a song which talks about the other side of relationships in general, but in this case I'd like to think of it as a song about true friendship. If people tend to romanticize Love, they definitely do the same with friendship. Friendships are not something that stays only for a couple of months and then abandoned in the first fight or moment of crisis, friendship is not only the good moments and the laughter and the things in common, far from that, some friends don't have that much in common. True friends are there for each other even when they had a fight and even when they're not speaking to each other, true friendships survive throughout long periods of silence unharmed, sometimes friendships can be painful, sometimes it seems like things are over, but true friends never abandon each other, they're always there for each other. Sometimes a friendship may sound only one sided, sometimes one can say things that will crush the other one, but true friendships last forever no matter what, or at least that's my "romantic" view on friendships anyway. I don't like to use this word lightly, and I don't appreciate when people do that, friendships are an entire universe, and like the music say "I don't care what comes tomorrow, we can face it together the way old friends do".
ABBA is indeed fantastic, love this group so much!! I'll never grow tired of it! So many beautiful songs! And I know some of you don't have Spotify, so don't worry at all, I have the youtube link with me as well!
I think it's a fitting song to close the week! Thank you so much for being here! I hope you might enjoy this one! Hope your week was wonderful! And I see you on the next post!
Comments
Post a Comment