Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

In which we say hello to Spooky October!!!

Hello everyone!! Happy Monday to you all, and also HAPPY MONTH OF OCTOBER!! Yay! A new month is about to start, and with it lots of surprises are coming our way! Hopefully it will be a nice month, as for me I just hope to get through this just fine, I will not have too much expectations, because one thing I learned this past years is: expectations are dangerous!!! I just want to live my life and just keep on living and just try to improve and just have nice moments with people I like and just to be here writing as well, who knows, maybe the creative block will leave me alone this time! Not too likely, but anyway, I can dream, can't I?
How are you today and how are things going? As usual, I wish you the best!!!
This is spooky October! The atmosphere gets more scary and the dark gets darker! In the places blessed by fall, this come with lots of orange and nice leafs. I can only enjoy this at distance, because it's almost summer season again in the tropics! But I do love the whole atmosphere of October, Halloween season is here and Christmas season is on its way! Those last months of the year are magical indeed, hopefully we'll be able to celebrate them together!
With this month, some potential changes with my schedule are coming! I've been thinking, and decided I should have a sketch of the week here, with the song of the week and all that! Also, I'm kind of thinking about picture of the week too(?), but I'm not sure yet. I love sketching, and sometimes creative block gets the best of me and I have difficulty on writing and having ideas, which is sad, maybe the sketches will help me with that! So, My schedule would be like this:

Monday-Free post/Picture of the week(?)
Wednesday-Sketch of the week
Friday-Music Friday
Saturday-Free Post

Of course, this are only directions for me, nothing set on fire, even though I try my best to stick to it, writing can be something hard and exhausting, but I love doing it and just to be here with you guys! I have to admit, I'm a bit excited for starting this month, I think things may be really nice indeed. And to finish this post, let's have a nice picture, so we can just appreciate it together and talk a bit about it!


This painting is one of my favorites!!!! It's Called "Patinhos no lago" (Ducklings in the lake) by the Italian-Brazilian Painter Eliseu Visconti (1866-1944)! I just love how bright it is and how the Ducks seem happy in the water! I love those animals and the water and I love how this looks like a roman frescoe! I even made a reproduction of it back in 2015, when I was having painting classes! Here's the reproduction I made on this painting


This painting was a massive struggle to reproduce, painting with oil is really tricky, but luckily my teachers helped me a lot and offered me great tips and at the end I learned a lot in the process and I have the reproduction with me now, I just love having a bit of a piece of art I appreciate so much next to me!
And also, here's a self portrait of Eliseu!


And with those pieces of Spooky(?) art we close our post of today! Thank you so much for reading this and being here! You're the very best!!!!! And again, happy October to you!! Wish you guys lots of happiness!!! And I see you all next time!

Comments