Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have a September alongside Crisis, Ballet, and Christmas Expectation

Happy Wednesday, my good friend, dear reader of this post! How are you? As for me, I am okay... as okay as I could be, given how extremely turbulent the month of September has been, specially mentally. I have had days of much melancholy and boredom is corroding my will to live. As an example with what I have to deal with, conflicts with my brother become more rispid, as the distance between us mount further. Gaming brings no joy most of the time. I do feel like in a dead end. Energy levels are bellow 0, I am happy if I can get out of bed, at all. Fortunately, today was above average, so I am using this to write a post on the blog, I haven't had the chance to do it in a while. It was a month of low productivity, and given how depressed I've become, I am surprised I managed to do anything at all. How I miss dear Johannes, I wish we could chat at some point, he is usually absent, and we do not have the chance to chat most of the time. Fortunately, today was relatively above averag

Sketch of the week! In which we talk about Jackobsen Pryor-Kowalsky

Hello to you!! Happy Wednesday to you!! And also, good evening!! How are you today and how are things going? As usual, I wish you the best, and I do hope things are fine not only today, but on this month of November, that seems to be on a hurry for some reason, as we approach the American Thanksgiving and the lovely month of December, with the height of Christmas season, one of my favorite months! 
It's being really hot here this days, I wish it was winter, but instead the Christmas days here are always so hot. The only way I can express my wish for a white christmas once in ever is through Christmas decoration! I love Christmas decoration so much! I just love Christmas!
And with the things going, I just realized my Christmas vacations are coming, which is amazing, but also frightening, since this means 2018 will be over soon... Wow. Also, I don't know how are going to be my final results in this semester in College. For so many reasons, my 4th semester was a mess, all over the place, though more calm than my bad 3rd semester and my extremely busy 2nd semester. My grades unfortunately are low, and I'm frustrated with the course, unmotivated, and sometimes sad even with life. But, well, I think some days are better than others, there's always something good to look up to, some parts of life are better than others I think... though we can only know for sure after we went through it, just keep on going, keep on living, I think today was a nice day, calm day, Christmas is close, and I'm happy, and I have nice stuff in my life, like my sketches...
Talking about sketches, today is sketch of the week day! And I wanted to intruduce you guys to my friend! Meet Jackobsen Pryor-Kowalsky


This one I made some weeks ago, as the Halloween season faded, Fall season was at its height, and as usual was mixed with Christmas felling already in the air! My friend helped with the name, he suggested Joseph Pryor first, we talked a bit about it and I ended up with a very odd name: Jackobsen Pryor-Kowalsky! Which fits its ghost like appearance for sure! As I wanted to do something really soft and fading with the pencils, giving him a very lovely sweater, a pale skin, and a fading hair that represents fall and thanksgiving, but also deep eyebags and a frozen blue nose. I like him, he's a nice person, don't let appearances deceive you, he's truly a nice guy, and the most reliable person you can find. He's soft and he doesn't say much. Though he looks scary, he's not scary at all, instead he has a very sharp sense of humor and he's always making jokes, but he's aware of his looks, and he likes that the way he is doesn't come with his face.
Most of my drawings come in a more sketchy and improvised way than a planned one, I rarely already have someone in mind when drawing, unless it's a fanart, but that's another case. Usually I only identify who the character (if he comes to life in the first place, many end up on the trash can or on my dead files, unfortunately, and very painfully too, because I hate to leave stuff unfinished and I hate to make mistakes, though they're a part of everything, right? Right, but try to tell my brain about it, I'm stubborn, what can I say?) looks like, who he is, and sometimes I only figure out the name as I talk about him. Something nice this blog did to my sketches is give them life, give them a background, a story, a personality, characters that otherwise would be only frozen faces on the paper. I have nothing against that, important to say. Some say that Art for the sake of art is an empty phrase, but I think it's a cool one, and I have nothing against it, but, as those people go on, it's like to have something about it, to give them a soul. It can be tough as hell sometimes to make up a story for each character as a write, which even makes me even more intimidated on posting the sketches in the first place, but it brings something nice to my life, and I just like it a lot, and even think about it too. Sometimes I even wish some of my characters were real, I think they would be nice friends to me.
So, our bud Jake is what we have for today! Thank you so much for being here, dear reader, you are the very best. I see you next time, and I wish you a good night.

Comments

Popular Posts