Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which I plan my Christmas Card for 2024

Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post. Happy Sunday, and I wish you the best, both today and on the new week. I must say: September is going by very fast. It is not a bad thing on its own, but I dread the approximation of Summer. There is the bright side the season of holidays is coning, with special dates such as Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, specially Christmas on my end, since it is my favorite one. How are you, this Sunday? I was here very recently, so I do not expect you to be that much in a different mood, even if a lot can happen in even a couple of hours. s for me, I am... still afloat, recovering from a harsh day, of many tears and no hope. As I try to occupy my free time, I did manage to play some games, such as Sims 3, and Europa Universalis, as well as trying Victoria 3 once again. On Sims 3, as I was in much distress, I decided that I would treat myself to some expansions of the game that I was missing: those were the niche last one released for the game:

In which the author shares the part 5 of the Story!

Hello everyone!! Happy Saturday to you, and good Afternoon! How are you today and how are things going?? As usual, I wish you the best and hope you're having a nice day with nice moments! Thank you so much for being here! As for me, today is being a calm day. It is day 19 of January and my vacations reach it's absolute apex, I can't remember how it was to be in college, it's just a really distant memory, not a happy one... I will have more college soon though, which is concerning, but well, one step at a time... I still have some subjects to recover, of course, but one step at a time. And well, I'm still on vacation, and I'll be in it until the last minute! Like I said, I'm having a calm day so far, electric fans on, and all that, so that's good.. And, of course, we have a story to continue today! We reached the part 5 of it! Wow! This is mind blowing! This week was indeed a story week, of this one that I never even named! If you have any ideas you can comment on it, and I'll gladly read it! Before we begin, another picture of the kind of house Toby and Pamela would have found on this alternative universe:


This Arts & Crafts model, that even reminds me of the Prairie Style, is indeed the reason why this place of the story is so unique and eclectic. I love it a lot. But let's move on to today's episode!

(...)
The place was huge and beautiful, very sumptuous and looked like a small palace, really, my eyes were shining, as I was in love with all the details of it. Dear heavens, this house is superb.
-How big is this place! Where should our search begin? 
-Well, I think we should look on the living room first, and then on the other rooms here in the ground
We were about to start our look for a gateway back to our places when I hear a familiar voice approaching. As it came closer and closer, I could identify its owner: the waiter that assisted me when I arrived here.
-Sir! Sir! Where are you??
He sounded tired and like he walked a long distance from the party place to where we were. We left the house so we could see what was that about.
-Hello, nice to see you again! What happened?
-Oh, sir! I explained the situation to Mr. Ezra, as I told you I'd do. He said he can help you with your issues!
-Really? 
-Yes, just follow me, and who are you, Miss?
-I'm Pamela, I came here the same way he did, will Mr. Ezra may be able to help me too?
-I suppose, well just come with me, I'll take you both to him.
We ended up don't going too far to my starting location, in spite of the sensation we went on searching for a way out for hours and hours. After a short walk, we reached the mansion of Mr. Ezra, a huge place, and Pamela realized.
-Oh I can't believe it! This is the place where I came in here! That is such a coincidence!
-Yes, I'm surprised no waiter or security caught you.
We kept on walking with our guide, the waiter, into the mansion, that was very illuminated and filled with smartly dressed people, drinking and eating and talking, and then we saw Mr. Ezra: he was thin, his hair was like the sun and his eyes were aqua, he was quite easy on the eye, and of course, his outfit was on point.
-Oh why, hello there! Nice to see you both, you travelers! Consider me one as well, I am Geoffrey Ezra, the builder of worlds! We are celebrating here a very special ocasion! My adoptive son just reached Alpha Centauri, so I've heard! We are all really happy as he's achieving his aspirations!
-Greetings, Mr. Ezra.
-Oh, call me Geoff! 
-Okay, Geoff... I am Toby, and this is Pamela, we heard you can help us...
-And I certaily can! I bet you guys want to return to the places you both come from, right? I know that! I can help you guys with that! I'm the builder of worlds! Just come along!
We followed Mr. Ezra as we also observed the magnitude of that place, it was like Paris or New York in the decade of 1920! Beautiful enviroment! Our journey to the place Ezra was taking us was a long one, as he stopped to talk with every group that crossed our way. We had the opportunity to eat some stuff and drink some refreshments, everything was delicious, And after a while we started to go away from the party and in to our destiny, we went stairway after stairway until we found a huge office room of the mansion.
-And here we are, travelers! Crossing this special door, you both will return to your places of origin, without further due! I will miss you Lady and Gentleman! Lovely company for the time it lasted!
-Geoff, if I may ask
-But you may!
-Right, you said you are the builder of worlds, what does that mean?
-That is a long story, mister... let's just say this place was nothing when I got here, and I turned into a lovely gated community, just like the ones of my lovely Britain. 
-How we ended up here?
-I have no idea... I guess that's a story for another time as well! Until this time comes, have a safe journey back!
-Pamela, before we go, it was great meeting you! Hope we may meet again some day!
-You are awesome, Toby, I'm so lucky to have got lost here with you! I hope the same thing! Let's shake on it!
We shook hands, and after we go, we also shook hands with Mr. Ezra and thanked him, and asked him to thank the waiter for us. And then, we crossed the door.
I was back at the beach house! Everything was back into place, not a sign of that magical world. The house was fine, and is as I was dreaming, though I was very much awaken. That experience was something. I looked at the clock, it was 3PM, and no one noticed my absence. 
THE END.

And so we have it! That's a wrap! Let's have some crepe to celebrate! I'm getting hungry, if I'm honest! Anyway, so with that, one week later, we finish our story! I have to say I made some changes to it as we went along, to add to the translation I did, have to say the version of this blog satisfies me more than the portuguese version of it, so that's something! Thank you so much for reading and being here! You are the very best!! I might as well post some more stories here in the future! See you guys next time!!

Comments

Popular Posts