Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which I plan my Christmas Card for 2024

Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post. Happy Sunday, and I wish you the best, both today and on the new week. I must say: September is going by very fast. It is not a bad thing on its own, but I dread the approximation of Summer. There is the bright side the season of holidays is coning, with special dates such as Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, specially Christmas on my end, since it is my favorite one. How are you, this Sunday? I was here very recently, so I do not expect you to be that much in a different mood, even if a lot can happen in even a couple of hours. s for me, I am... still afloat, recovering from a harsh day, of many tears and no hope. As I try to occupy my free time, I did manage to play some games, such as Sims 3, and Europa Universalis, as well as trying Victoria 3 once again. On Sims 3, as I was in much distress, I decided that I would treat myself to some expansions of the game that I was missing: those were the niche last one released for the game:

In which we talk about Monument Valley!!

Hello everyone! Happy Saturday to you!! Good afternoon! How are you today and how are things going? As usual, I wish you the best and hope you are having a calm day! How is the weather where you are? Here it is pretty hot, it did rain a bit in the morning, but overall I'm just here going one step at a time against the heatwaves that come from the window, I felt a bit sleepy this morning and it took me a while to wake up but here I am, finally being able to work on the post! Yay!!
As Wednesday was a crazy busy day, and so were Thursday to some extent, and Friday, I couldn't work on the blog those days. I need to make some sketches so I can show more here on the sketch of the week days! I have some ideas in my head, but so far I could only 100% make one, as I was with little patience to carry on with my ideas, and drawing requires patience, I will try again later. Plus, it is so hard to do so when the room is so hot! But well, I think this evening I'll be able to come with some more drawings! And speaking of which, I come to talk about a beautiful game I played recently on my phone! Monument Valley!


Monument Valley I follows the adventure of Princess Ida in a land of impossible ilusions and fantastic paths, as she looks for redemption after stolen the sacred geometry. Going through several levels on different scenarios and with some extra levels, we witness an eyecandy story that provide us with peace and amusement, even if the situation of princess Ida is agonizing.
On Monument Valley II, we see now the journey of Roo and her daughter in which the child goes on a maturing adventure, learning how to create her own sacred geometry! Here the universe of the game is even more expanded, with colorful new scenarios, breathtaking optical ilusions and wonderful new features that indeed brings us to new places!
This game is worth playing not only for its beautiful graphics, inspired by the amazing work of M. C Escher, as long with japanese cardboard and some minimalism, but also for its logical and relaxing chapters, with an intuitive gameplay. The story is pretty interesting and when you end it, it lefts you with the desire to go and try again, it offers a lot and it makes you wanting even more! For me it came on a time in which I was wanting to try new games, and the success of this one created a revival for apps in my life that goes on! This game brought much inspiration as well and I plan on trying to make some drawings inspired on it! If you want to check it, here are the links for the Apple Appstore and the Android Google Play! Important to say: those games are not free. I know this can drag people away from them, but if you have the means it is totally worth it to purchase it!


And also for Monument Valley II on both platforms!


Also, I'd also like to share an illustration by M. C. Escher, as his influence is very much seen in the game! This one is called Relativity, and it was made in 1953.


And I believe this is it for today! Thank you so much for being here dear reader for being here, you are so amazing! You are the best and you know it!! Have a good evening and I see you soon, hopefully!

Comments

Popular Posts