Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have a September alongside Crisis, Ballet, and Christmas Expectation

Happy Wednesday, my good friend, dear reader of this post! How are you? As for me, I am okay... as okay as I could be, given how extremely turbulent the month of September has been, specially mentally. I have had days of much melancholy and boredom is corroding my will to live. As an example with what I have to deal with, conflicts with my brother become more rispid, as the distance between us mount further. Gaming brings no joy most of the time. I do feel like in a dead end. Energy levels are bellow 0, I am happy if I can get out of bed, at all. Fortunately, today was above average, so I am using this to write a post on the blog, I haven't had the chance to do it in a while. It was a month of low productivity, and given how depressed I've become, I am surprised I managed to do anything at all. How I miss dear Johannes, I wish we could chat at some point, he is usually absent, and we do not have the chance to chat most of the time. Fortunately, today was relatively above averag

In Which we just talk, again! Plus Lana del Rey (a bit)

Hello everyone! Happy Wednesday to you and good morning! How are you today and how are things going? As usual, I wish you the best and hope all is well! How is the weather where you are? Here, things are hot and wet, but no rain, just moist of the climate. 
I couldn't sleep well at all last night due to the fact I was worried for my old phone, I had an anxiety moment as well, I thought the fan would catch fire and spill all over me like a flamethrower, how terrifying! Luckily, this didn't happen, and honestly it's silly of me to think this would happen but, it's about intrusive thoughts and anxiety we are talking about, logic hardly applies to it! My old phone is because I bought a new laptop this week! A brand new gamer laptop for me to play, use Software, do all my things in it, and it was quite expensive, so in the end, besides the money, I gave my old device to my grandma, and my old laptop as well, so she could use it with no further problems, the thing is yesterday I was having issues with the phone and thought this would affect my overall experience, fortunately today I managed to fix things up! Another issue tackled! But yesterday I left a task unfinished and I hate doing that, recipe for a bad night indeed! I took my medicines today so I'm pretty calm, just chilling, I intend on rewatching Over The Garden Wall and The Office today, since I can't play on my regular computer, and try to revise it for the tenth time what discipline in college I'm missing out, cause that's an issue! 


Also, today I wanted to talk a bit about Norman F****** Rockwell, the new album by Lana del Rey, I honestly like it a lot, way more Spotify-based and experimental than the other ones, reminds me specially of Honeymoon, and it's a step away from the turbulent and morbid Lana of the last album, Lust for Life, that had some good tracks, but honestly felt out of place in my opinion, it kind of interrupted the journey Lana was in since Born to Die, her most acid and tragic album. Honeymoon for me is a forgotten gem, with soft jazz inspired melodies, in opposition to the more rock-centric indie Ultraviolence. Honeymoon is serene and soft, calm in both happiness and sadness, and lives to see its title come to reality, feels like a special honeymoon indeed, like the old Hollywood days! Now, where does Norman Rockwell fits this? The old american artist comes as an unexpected title for a full Lana del Rey centerpiece, almost like a joke, with the swear word coming to the name, but it fits this album quite well, I like it and recommend it, it has some very soft and optimistic melodies about hope and the future, a 9 minute song even, also a very good cover! I love Lana, I've been avoiding her as she reminds me of sadder times, plus I don't like the double meaning of many of her songs, but I love her as an artist and I even like her as a person, I'm happy I got to meet this unique artist that is indeed an artist! I read critics that said the opposite of what I'm writing here, saying the album is melancholic and stuff, but I like to interpret the songs on my own, and how I feel about it, and anyway, this is the most improv post I've made so far...
Thank you so much for being here, dear reader, you are amazing, hope your day may be a wonderful one and all stays well, you are the best! See you next time!


Comments

Popular Posts