Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which the much waited DLC for Victoria 3 comes out!

Good morning, my friend, reader of this post! Happy Thursday! How are you and how was your week so far? How is the weather? As for me, I cannot deny it was a week with a great event, new DLC for Victoria 3 being released. The game, that I haven't touched much since May, was quickly revived by this new content. More on that, further on the this blog entry. I am overall okay, some ups and downs, I suppose it happens. At least I managed to sleep more reasonably Wednesday night, it has been rare for me to rest as much when I am supposed to do it, so that is a good achievement! The weather has been pleasant as well, cheers to that, I love Winter! How June is going by fast, at this point. Soon, it will be over. I already should plan on my Wrap up post of the month, so we can start July in a good way... one month closer to my birthday. I still hope I can switch phones, somehow, but financial troubles still haunt me. I did spend more in June than I was expecting, way more than I should, mu

In which we talk about the (not so) new Sims pack!

Hello and good morning dear reader, here we are on a Thursday, because I forgot to write on the Wednesday, ANYWAY, moving on, of this lovely month of August, that has been so kind towards me, and I hope from the bottom of my heart that is being kind to you also. Well, how are you? How is the weather? Here things are doing fine as mornings are fresh and so are nights, only the in between being a bit too hot for my taste. I'd like to talk about The Sims today, because why not, they're announcing a new game pack, so I've heard, but the main reason is that I feel like it, so let's grab this whim from its horns and go for it! Hurray!



The new Sims pack, or not so new one, since it was Released in June, the Eco Lifestyle pack, or Eco Living, anyway, this pack is quite a big one, coming with a lot of new features, a new mechanic, new ways of producting electricity through your home, some realistic and some not quite. It is an interesting one, to say the least. It caused the rage of some fans who were expecting something else (myself included). I rolled over my eyes over a game that's again shoveling leftist ideas on its users (some of which are very much on the left, but politics shouldn't matter on a videogame that's supposed to be fun , and if unfortunately it is, for my fellow conservatarian playing the Sims, I say hello and we should get together). Anyway, moving away from the ideology of the creators of the game and focusing on what matters: the novel furniture and building materials added to the game, those are pretty nice, I'm not a fan of the Sustainable Architecture Style, or something related, but I do like the big glass doors with wood, the new textures are lovely, some windows are cheap and aesthetically pleasing, some others are not so aesthetically pleasing in my opinion, but I still like them. I like some of the sofas added to the game, and the new eco-footprint mechanic, though completely on the artistic liberty side, and that can be very misleading (like you buy the "correct" window, install a couple of solar pannels and you got a green neighborhood with AURORA BOREALIS AT NIGHT, YAY), is very fun. I like the unrealistic Aurora Borealis showing for me at night when I build a green house. I'd go for another style of architecture and interior design most of the time, I'm much more focused on the Realm of Magic/Cats and Dogs kind of style, but it's nice to take venture in something you are not used to, doing experiments with "sustainable" architecture and building enviroments filled with natural textures and lots of shade of brown. To wrap it up, it's an interesting pack, and it fullfilled its objective, which was make me entertained on the game for a few more weeks, in fact I returned to playing The Sims after a long time of neglecting the ever existence of the game, specially due to its political bias. I was far more excited for the Knitting pack, that turned to be a disappointment. How the tables turn, because I was very vocal about my criticism over the Eco pack.

One more thing before I go, this new pack adds a Neighborhood Action Plan (NAP, yes, because the game has to be both "cute" and "woke", such is the niche of leftists that design the game) which is nothing more than a very annoying commune filled with bugs, one kind of "direct democracy" I very much pass on and would love to ignore.  ANYWAY. If you are reading this, I do wish you the best, and hope all is well with you, and I see you next time, and I hope next time is soon.

Comments