Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

In Which I slowly go back to drawing!

Hello to you, dear reader of this post, my friend! How are you today? How are things going? I wish you the best, and I hope this week may be a good one! How is the weather? Here, it varies between some rain and a lot of heat, it's not quite Winter yet! But fortunately next month, it should get more colder, let's see how it goes! This week, I hope to keep on organizing my bedroom, putting things in order, maybe hanging the paintings on the walls? I'd love that! I won't have many classes overall, it will be a workshop week, and most of the themes don't appeal to me, so I won't take part in them. I hope to stream somehow, just as a way of returning to things. What I do know is that the end of April is going nice, I got a good haircut, a good shave, and I got a pair of shoes I like, that belonged to my grandpa! Nice to keep his legacy alive also on the way I dress! Speaking of the end of April, I also am slowly returning to drawing. I made my first sketch in a month this Saturday, just a fanart to my new streamer friend MattMaddux (that you can find HERE). 

I met him searching for Anno 1800 streamers back in the height of my new wave of Annomania, and I've been hanging out with him on his streams and on Discord since. He is a nice variety streamer, he loves a game my friend Noodles recommended to me way back, called The Foundation, which is a city builder set in the medieval times, pretty cool. I introduced him to Anno 1404, that stream was awesome, me teaching him to play the game through chat, those nice memories, I don't wanna forget them. I think he is a cool guy, I hope the friendship may keep on going forward. Anyway, I also made a fanart to a pal I've known for much longer, IgotzTats (that you can find HERE), Have I mentioned Tats before? If not, I think I should give this guy a shoutout also, he is super nice, super chill, a cool friend! I like being around him! I overall like doing fanarts to people... should I call them fanarts in the end? I mean, those people are pals, the ones who came before and the ones who are forward. I do fanarts also, which are portraits on my cartoony style, that I keep on using, but overall, I do portraits of my friends. I haven't done of family before, but I've been thinking about it... I like to draw, and I also want to see if I can draw buildings and landscapes also, perhaps different types of trees and flowers. Baby steps, though. I have a list of people I want to do portraits of, most of them are online friends, but there are some people I'm not acquaintances with, such as George Ezra, the singer I like a lot. Most of them are guys also, I don't draw girls often, and I should, specially to send to my friend Gerald, he'd like to see me drawing girls more often, I suppose. So far though, I want to make a portrait for Sam, perhaps another one for Seth, there is my pal Dan, maybe another for MattOverYonder, which is a nice guy... Making plans is cool! Anyway, the post is getting a bit on the long side, so I should stop for now, and return real soon with another post! Thank you so much for being here, dear reader, appreciate you a lot! See you then, bye for now!

Comments