Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have a September alongside Crisis, Ballet, and Christmas Expectation

Happy Wednesday, my good friend, dear reader of this post! How are you? As for me, I am okay... as okay as I could be, given how extremely turbulent the month of September has been, specially mentally. I have had days of much melancholy and boredom is corroding my will to live. As an example with what I have to deal with, conflicts with my brother become more rispid, as the distance between us mount further. Gaming brings no joy most of the time. I do feel like in a dead end. Energy levels are bellow 0, I am happy if I can get out of bed, at all. Fortunately, today was above average, so I am using this to write a post on the blog, I haven't had the chance to do it in a while. It was a month of low productivity, and given how depressed I've become, I am surprised I managed to do anything at all. How I miss dear Johannes, I wish we could chat at some point, he is usually absent, and we do not have the chance to chat most of the time. Fortunately, today was relatively above averag

In Which I recover from Covid! Christmas Gratefulness!

Starting this post with a Best of Instagram, I wasn't gonna post any pictures, but it is December and I want the posts to be the best possible, and to be rich with images and meaning. Such is the post of today. It is long but anyway. This is from the Christmas of 2015-2016, a nice season, very peaceful and bright. Reminds me that carefree days can happen alongside times of sorrow. I just love this Christmas garland so much! That Christmas is one for the books! I rejoice on those decorations!


Okay, with that addition to the post, we can begin!
Good morning to you, my friend, reader of this post, and happy Sunday! It is a nice day, don't you think? Even if the sun is scorching, and it is summertime, when I dream of fresher days for my favorite season, Christmas season, I have some reason to rejoice. Last week was not easy, once again. I got covid, and spent the whole week recovering from it. The symptoms were not too bad, but a disease is a disease, and it brings a lot of disruptions with it. With Covid the biggest of those were the isolation moments, as it is a highly contagious pathology. It was terrible, to have to walk on the house with a mask when people were around, when I could leave my bedroom because there were moments I couldn't. And what's more, I had many errands that particular week. I had my first surgery to recover my broken tooth, that was postponed. I had the tests for college, couldn't do them, will have to wait for second call. I wanted to get a new film for the phone, because my old one was in shambles, postponed. I wanted a haircut, as my hair was getting too big and filled with volume, postponed. December's time is worth its weight in gold, as there is so much I'd like to do, but with the corona, with grandma having her stroke (it wasn't actually a stroke but for the sake of understanding I'm putting as this) and I still having to deal with the lost tooth and the damaged ones... It's been harsh. This is not fault of Christmas, or on anything that I appreciate, but it does make the season one harder than the other ones. I really wanna indulge in optimism though, and rejoice on the recoveries going through, and use this to gather mental energy for any other emergency. There is a story from the Bible that I recall, about the blind man at the water tank in Jerusalem. It was said Jesus and his disciples were walking when they saw the blind. Aware that such condition is painful and disruptive, they asked to their faith guide "whom sinned, his parents or him, for this to have occurred?". Very wisely, Jesus replied that none of those were so, "he was blind, so the glory of God may manifest onto him". That said, he gathered some mud with spit, rubbed it in the blind's eyes, and asked him to wash it away at the water tank, and so he did, and as he did, he saw for the first time, and rejoiced in this. So much pain and huge inconveniences in his life, gone, now that he could see the colors around him! It caused such a stir to make the pharisee interrogate him later, and caused havoc amongst them, as no one was quite sure... how such miracle could've been. The faithful will of course not doubt what happened, but for the outsiders, it is indeed amazing. This story was brought to my attention specially after I watched the movie Jackie, about Jacqueline Kennedy (Jackeline? I don't know for sure how to spell her name correctly and I do apologize) and her days shortly after her husband John Fitzgerald Kennedy was assassinated by a communist agent, apparently. She was greatly damaged mentally by such awful event, as one should, seeing death so brutally and so close, to a person that was very dear to you. The last part of this movie saw her having a long conversation with a priest, and that part is where this particular parable from the Holy Book is quoted. It stuck with me since, the words of the priest. My usual motto "I don't subscribe with everything said" but the final result of such scenes were a huge net positive. Such is Jackie, after her husband was shot and she lost her children some years prior to that, so was I, that lost my tooth, and shortly afterwards had my routine messed up by the corona virus. So was my grandma, that broke her arm and had a stroke-seizure shortly afterwards. Why does this happen? I am not sure, but surely the miracles of God operate in those moments. It is Christmas, so maybe it was the ideal season for this to happen. Id rather it not have happened, but still, since it did, let us recover and rejoice on the fact we survived, and we shall walk again all along the lane Down the Avenue Like we used to do and with Our Heads so high and so the song goes, good song, by Van Morrison (I am quoting his Everyone song, that I heard on the Royal Tennenbaums movie by Wes Anderson), that fits so well here. I think this is a good point to wrap today's post! I see you again next time, real real real soon! How many posts till the end of 2022? Well, I will try to have at least 1 or 2 this week. Each one should be an achievement indeed. Wish you once again a happy Christmas season, the best, and much joy!

Comments

Popular Posts