Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which I plan my Christmas Card for 2024

Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post. Happy Sunday, and I wish you the best, both today and on the new week. I must say: September is going by very fast. It is not a bad thing on its own, but I dread the approximation of Summer. There is the bright side the season of holidays is coning, with special dates such as Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, specially Christmas on my end, since it is my favorite one. How are you, this Sunday? I was here very recently, so I do not expect you to be that much in a different mood, even if a lot can happen in even a couple of hours. s for me, I am... still afloat, recovering from a harsh day, of many tears and no hope. As I try to occupy my free time, I did manage to play some games, such as Sims 3, and Europa Universalis, as well as trying Victoria 3 once again. On Sims 3, as I was in much distress, I decided that I would treat myself to some expansions of the game that I was missing: those were the niche last one released for the game:

In Which I just chat about life things...

I wish you a happy Monday and the best, dear reader of this post, my excellent friend! It is the second week of January, coming to its business beginning! How are you, today? I hope your Sunday went well, also. How is the weather? I really hope you are in the north, having the chill winds of winter that are so more desirable than the hot breath of southern summer. If you, like me, find yourself on the southern hemisphere... I can only hope it is not as hot as where I'm at. And as for me, the weather is still to be very hot today. God knows how will I survive, may He give me the tenacity. As for how I'm at, I am... okay, so far. Yesterday was okay, I read more on the book I am currently reading. The highlight must be, as always, all the wonderful conversations I could nurture with the friends! I am ashamed to say I played more of the Dollhouse, Sims 4, whatever you want to call it... I am still to come at peace for playing it. It should not be really that deep, I really just wanted to keep working at the house. If you ignore all the woke crap on the game and on its promotion, and all the potential damage it can do... how virtue signaling and preachy and ridiculous all of the PR of the game are... it is a decent house builder simulator, I suppose. It always has been. When I purchase a pack, more hesitantingly by the month, specially with the price hikes and with the economy as it is, and how myself lack the funds overall... when I do that, I do it cynically just to have some more furniture and maybe some more clothe options... and that is it. I had a good experience playing Sims 3, some months ago, but at the end, I am not proud to say I returned to Sims 4. Why is that? Because as much as Sims 3 is a better product, it lacks on the building mechanics, and... on the visuals. That ended up being fatal. Because at the end of the day... both games are pretty shallow. So, between the shallow experiences, I preferred at least having a sorta easier time building houses and seeing them work. It is what it is... I may visit this "game" once again today, even. I mean... I like the house I have been nurturing. Maybe I will also play something else, but I must tread carefully, the burn out has been around the corner, ready to strike once and once again, causing all sorts of agonizing boredom and the death of lust for life... pacing my activities is the way to go. Not over stimulate myself, as this leads to fog and under stimulation. Balance, I suppose.



Beyond games, I returned to the project today, searching abour Art Nouveau... and, unrelated to that, I am working on a set of drawings, Maybe I will proceed with that today. Even with the Christmas season of '23 starting to move away, I still want to try the gingerbread house at some moment... though I always fear the bigger projects, for they are long, they are exhausting creatively.

Well, what else is there to be said? It is almost time to return to therapy. And that makes me think of the financial situation of family and myself. Life moves forward, costs and eventualities happen, and yet my father seems entirely overwhelmed by those events, and does nothing to improve his situation. It irritates me because it ends up spilling in myself. Therapy cannot be paid, psychiatry always makes him complain beyond any patience endurance. I would not be so... ah, unforgiving of those flaws, if he wasn't so hard to deal with, always complaining, always acting like the victim, always pushing responsibilities till the last moment. You see, my mother, she is in a worse financial situation, and yet you don't see her with the same life attitude as my father. She is far more fun and uplifting to be around, she complains with much more attitude, she wants to solve any issue that appears with her own hands, she takes responsibility first thing. God bless her. She is a treasure, the chief of the household. One day, I hope I can have some money of my own, I am trying to free myself from the handicap of bad bad schooling and the wasted college years. This chapter one day will end, and I hope for more money in the end of this one and throughout the next one.

This is way more of a personal post, I am aware, but I have nothing to hide, not from my friends! I trust this is time to wrap this post up, though, not because I said too much, but because it is getting long, and I like to keep it in a manageable size. Well... no worries, though. The blog has not came to an end in 2023, so I trust it should continue as well in 2024, and God willing, onwards. I should return before the weekend, I hope my mood allows me to return sooner than Thursday. We will see... until then, thank you for reading, for being here, at the divagation store, being a member of our divagation society! See you again real soon.

Comments

Popular Posts