Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have a September alongside Crisis, Ballet, and Christmas Expectation

Happy Wednesday, my good friend, dear reader of this post! How are you? As for me, I am okay... as okay as I could be, given how extremely turbulent the month of September has been, specially mentally. I have had days of much melancholy and boredom is corroding my will to live. As an example with what I have to deal with, conflicts with my brother become more rispid, as the distance between us mount further. Gaming brings no joy most of the time. I do feel like in a dead end. Energy levels are bellow 0, I am happy if I can get out of bed, at all. Fortunately, today was above average, so I am using this to write a post on the blog, I haven't had the chance to do it in a while. It was a month of low productivity, and given how depressed I've become, I am surprised I managed to do anything at all. How I miss dear Johannes, I wish we could chat at some point, he is usually absent, and we do not have the chance to chat most of the time. Fortunately, today was relatively above averag

In Which we say Farewell to the Month of Unbelievable Heat

Good morning, my good friend, reader of this post! Happy 30th of January, we are almost at the end of what I could call a blank month... this is not necessarily bad, specially when you are on vacation. You want to fill the days with your own activities, you have that freedom on January, as there are no special holidays this time around... Ah, the holidays, how I miss my dear Christmas. The season always end too soon... even the weather was somehow milder at the time. By that, I mean, the forecast in January got hot and hotter till it broke records. By week three of the month, we were already begging for mercy. I wonder what meterological event or heatwave caused such suffering, because no, I don't take climate change as an answer for this. Not only it is cheap, it is an excuse to extend the powers of the state and its oligarchy further, and no one should want that. The thinker I take most seriously on this, Mr. Alex Epstein of Fossil Future and the Moral Case for Fossil Fuels, says though climate is a constant that is prone to change, and human activity may be a factor, that is not an excuse for getting rid of the standard of living so many people have gave their all to achieve. I tend to have a similar approach, though I am skeptical of theories that imply global warming all caused by humans. No, I am really a skeptical, and if they tone up the hysteria, there is more reason to be more cynical observing them. I think they know precisely what they're doing, and it is evil. But anyway... all of this to say though this summer is hot as hell, I don't blame it on climate change, but on some abnormal heat wave, maybe something in the sun, it is a year of solar storming after all, so I've heard... what is for sure is that without our AC units and our fans, and other countless things that keep us cold in the worst of it, things could've turned fatal. And those are only possible through electricity, fossil fuels, hydroelectric dams, nuclear in the places it happens to be a factor... Thank God for that, we should be expanding our capacity to make electricity cheaper and widespread as it can be, not to limit it for the sake of some gaia entity. Ah...


My first drawing in 10 days! I hope I can work on more as it goes... specially on February...

Back to the summer heat, it was brutal, I can only overall say for sure on my experience and that those around me: man, it is hot! It makes me dream of wintery landscapes all the more. I envy my friends on the north, their mild summers and their beautiful winters... their beautiful four seasons, a thing I don't get properly on the south. There are four seasons, but we only truly perceive two: Summer and Winter. Anyway, this heat made it hard to draw, made it hard to work on my project, even play games! Doesn't help I am fat at the moment... as for that, the surgical approach becomes more of a reality, as I don't see other way to lose as much weight as I'd need to return to a more healthy standing... Ah, but today I didn't want to extend myself on this topic. That has to be on another time. For today, I am wrapping up January.

So, it is almost the end of this period of insane heat... It also seemed like it dragged a bit, not sure why. I am also not sure if February will be better, with the heat for example, we can only pray that it rains, to make things a bitty bit fresher. Ah, for all it matters, January was not even that bad, apart from the hot temperature. I talked with friends, I did work on some drawings, I am almost wrapping up my project with the architecture office. There are issues, my ongoing financial trouble being one of them, very much so... but I hope to recover as the year goes by. May opportunities come for me to work and make a living. I will also start college soon, once again. A new course, may it be fruitful.

So, this is it for our dear January. Let us not treat him badly just because the heat was cruel. Don't worry if I go, now. I will return pretty soon with more words, thoughts, ideas... most likely on Thursday...? Which is the first day of the next smaller month, but I cannot say for sure. In either case, I should be back! I wish you the best, and I see you again real real soon!!!


Comments

Popular Posts