Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which I plan my Christmas Card for 2024

Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post. Happy Sunday, and I wish you the best, both today and on the new week. I must say: September is going by very fast. It is not a bad thing on its own, but I dread the approximation of Summer. There is the bright side the season of holidays is coning, with special dates such as Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, specially Christmas on my end, since it is my favorite one. How are you, this Sunday? I was here very recently, so I do not expect you to be that much in a different mood, even if a lot can happen in even a couple of hours. s for me, I am... still afloat, recovering from a harsh day, of many tears and no hope. As I try to occupy my free time, I did manage to play some games, such as Sims 3, and Europa Universalis, as well as trying Victoria 3 once again. On Sims 3, as I was in much distress, I decided that I would treat myself to some expansions of the game that I was missing: those were the niche last one released for the game:

Im Which a drawing sparks a controversy, Misadventures of Vladislavov and mentioning dear Friends

I am alarmed at how fast this week passed by! Happy Friday, my friend, reader of this post! One day before the weekend arrives, once again... how you went, on the days? As for me, it was not the most productive one... Surgery time approaches, as I have it anticipated by two weeks. And with the surgery, a huge deal of dieting in preparation. And in more recent terms, I have been playing The Sims 3. I got new items for the game, and my newest save, where I enter the world of Hidden Springs, kept me busy for many hours, this week. The adventures of my sim, Mr. Vladislavov, are quite scary even! I mean, he was turned into a vampire. I was aghast at first, but it has been fun to try this new challenge. I still hope to return to humankind, and for that, I've been studying alchemy, trying to device a potion to bring back humanity... 

In other games, I am excited that the new DLC for Victoria 3 is coming! Europa also has a new DLC on the works, but we don't know, exactly, when it will come out, at least not yet. Speculation has it that will come next month also... but I don't want to treat such rumors as fact, yet...

Some days ago, I posted a drawing I did on a server, in which someone asked me if I ever did another face angle, other than the one I worked on. I replied no. And since, I have been unmotivated to draw, or rather, feeling guilty of not being skilled, not practicing. But well... I find that other face directions, angles, would take away from the pleasure of drawing. I would focus less on the fun and more on the technicalities of such activity, stuff that I detest on doing. Maybe one of the reasons I don't practice much. I guess I've learnt my lesson, of not buying courses online, no matter how cheap, if I don't intend on proceeding with them. If it is a hobby, not work, I won't really bother doing something I dislike. It only hurts me that... others can't see much value in what I do. Sometimes they do see it, bur after a while, many grow bored of it. I hate I can't be like the master of his craft Mozart, that could create so easily and so... effortlessly! I wish I could do a hobby and dominate the world as if it was a work, maybe this is a huge issue of wanting to have the cake and eat it, too. I recognize this is bad, but the other step, which is, correcting it, is not easily done... That comment reminded me of my struggles in the area, and I am much more happy and creative when ignoring those things... I hope I can take this off and just draw. It will be the same drawing. It will have the same features. Maybe someone charitable will find it nice still... I crave to do something remotely nice with the free time I have available...


A drawing that I made for my friend Jason aka Mihm. This was the one that triggered the whole polemic...

I also have not worked much on the blog... I do feel guilty at times, I wish I could wake up every day with the idea of writing and writing something fun for you to read, and I to be proud of it. But... it is a hobby, and I won't bring myself to force it, then I'd hate it. Another case of having the cake and wanting to eat it, as I want to have both quality and quantity. In practice, that is not that easy of a feature. Am I this horrible domineering person? No. But saying it out loud, the thoughts of the brain, that can give a wrong impression. If I desire to be more transparent with dearest of friends, I can't just over-edit what they see, I want to be true to them, and truth is not always beautiful. I hope they see that through.

And how much I love and appreciate the people that I do. I know I mention them often, but it is because I cannot have enough of them! Be it dear Johannes, the great photographer that I adore talking to. Be it dear Evan and his excellent attires that he puts together, and his common sense and good humor. Be it philosophical Charles, with his insights on his faith, that I appreciate a lot and find myself agreeing more than disagreeing. And some more I could mention, such as my fellow Dan, dear Tibor the Strong, Sam the Sincere. I do have quite a few online friends that I cannot get enough of... so why do I feel alone? Maybe because I live so far away from them, cannot have the option to see them. Also, those friends are scattered. One is in West America, the other is in Europa... and we have other errands that make messaging back and forth difficult. Or at least, they do. I have plenty of free time... but it is not their fault. Nor my own... What else is there to be said?

To end this post, I have not studied much, either. This subject for college is good, but the technicalities of it all make it hard to follow. The teacher not speaking loud enough, the texts being summaries instead of more detailed explanation of the videos. Good? Yes. With flaws? Also yes. In this matter, you may have your cake and eat it, apparently. I will see what I will do later today, and through the weekend... saying all that, I trust it is a nice moment to end today's entry. One of those where I mention many topics! So that is nice... Of course, the blog, God willing, keeps going! I will be back, I hope really soon, next week in the latest, for more writing. I have some stuff I could talk about further, such as my upcoming surgery for the stomach.  Well... I see you again for that real soon. I also wish you the best! Farewell for now!

Comments

Popular Posts