Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which I plan my Christmas Card for 2024

Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post. Happy Sunday, and I wish you the best, both today and on the new week. I must say: September is going by very fast. It is not a bad thing on its own, but I dread the approximation of Summer. There is the bright side the season of holidays is coning, with special dates such as Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, specially Christmas on my end, since it is my favorite one. How are you, this Sunday? I was here very recently, so I do not expect you to be that much in a different mood, even if a lot can happen in even a couple of hours. s for me, I am... still afloat, recovering from a harsh day, of many tears and no hope. As I try to occupy my free time, I did manage to play some games, such as Sims 3, and Europa Universalis, as well as trying Victoria 3 once again. On Sims 3, as I was in much distress, I decided that I would treat myself to some expansions of the game that I was missing: those were the niche last one released for the game:

In Which Sims 3 adventures continue, and other topics...

Good afternoon, my good friend, reader of this post! Happy Saturday, how are you, and how was the rest of your week? In my end, the week went as a challenge, overall. I had to do a diet for my upcoming surgery on the stomach. This diet still is present, and will continue till Monday, when I will switch to a liquid diet, to further proceed with my said "cleansing of the intestine" before the procedure. How am I feeling about this? Well, it is mitigation of my great obesity and weight gain issue, the fact I always feel hungry and unsatisfied. When the stomach is reduced, and the procedure continues afterwards with more dieting and healing, I will have some of the said issues tackled overall, which is ideal. More than that, I hope I can have more mobility, once I lose weight, so I can go on in my daily routine better than before... 



Apart from the dieting part, I am sad I haven't heard from Evan in some days, I trust I mentioned it before. I wonder what is happening, if he's okay... I should ask once more, at some point. Johannes is traveling once again... always the busy bee one way or another, my dear friend Johannes... How I miss having a good conversation with someone. People are always so busy and absent, it is a lonely life, even if I live with mom and my brother... all I desire is to be with a friend...

It was not a productive week, I was too focused on the diet. I haven't drawn, nor have I read, nor have I studied much, either... on the matter of games, I only today threw some variety in it, bringing back Victoria 3, to continue my Russia campaign. I also thought of playing as Argentina, and tried a match wirh the country, only to be appalled by how poor and in bad shape this former Spanish colony is at the beginning of Vic3... hard to do any expansion at all... for now, my Beloved Russia is my go-to destination for the game. Argentina will have to wait further. I had to restart my save on Sims 3, as I mentioned before... it is going quite okay, no annoying glitches this time so far, and I am taking the precaution of saving the game in different files, in order to keep it from getting too big or corrupted. Geoffrey Vladislavov is my character once again in Hidden Springs. Ryan, his best friend, is also back, though this time around Geoffrey is not dating Ryan... they are just roommates and best friends. The fact they sleep on the same bed is a bit immersion breaking but it can't be helped, the cottage only has one dormitory room... I mean, in either case, it is a big bed. I will eventually build a separate bedroom to Ryan, he is a good man, he deserves it. I wasn't feeling like making them date or marry this time, wanted something purer, more naive, a good friendship with no sexual content... It is the purest form of love anyway, according to Aristotle. Geoffrey and Ryan are journalists again, and with the glitch of not being able to build skill vanished, so far, it is going okay. I believe that happened before because my Sims were vampires. I think this occult sim is a bit glitchy, probably won't be fixed, either, but it is okay, I won't ditch Sims 3 due to the bug, annoying as it is... still, this entry is better than the horrid Sims 4, that dollhouse, hardly a game. I could mention how they released two new "kits", and how boring they look, one requiring a different pack to function properly... but I want to forget I ever spent money on this game. Ah, what a waste. Only as a learning curve on gaming it was anything useful to me.

And, apart from games, what to draw, next? I have some ideas in mind, but have not put them on paper yet. Ah, I wish Evan was more around so I could share whatever I create with him, first, but well, he'll appear some moment or the other... Not having him around is definitely a point missing in my life... I pray he is well, and still in good terms with me... what to draw, next? I haven't done a building in a while, maybe I could give that a try? Buildings are so complex, though, they can take me as well as a semester to finish. Portraits are more pleasurable to do on my end...

This post is getting quite big and, as the last few have been, disjointed. But I am happy I am writing at all! I haven't touched the blog in a few days and I always get worried I may be on some dreadful writer's block or something, if ever. I'd hate that. It is almost time for my afternoon meal! After the afternoon meal, I may return to the computer, I am not sure if I want to doodle anything right now... 

With this all being said, I will be wrapping my writing moment here. Of course the blog still goes on, and I hope I can return here to write some more journals, soon! The next week is surgery week, though, so that may be a problem... there is a chance I won't be able to write at all. But we'll see. If anything, I'll be back in very late April-Early May. I am blessed with your presence here, and I wish you the best! Happy new week...


Comments

Popular Posts