Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

In Which I have some moments of mental tiredness

Good evening, dear friend, reader of the present post! Happy Wednesday, how are you? How have you been overall? As for me, I am okay, one day at a time, all I can do, specially when the ground is unstable as it is. Not really have been on an auspicious moment to write, just a bit of writer's block, and congestion of things to write about, which is a paradox, ideally with so many things, at least one post would be out. Well, the beginning of October allows me to have a bit of a mental resting point, as such, I can do more than just linger on the computer... I started this post several days ago, and wanted to have it finished by now, but it is what it is. This is what I was writing about when I decided I was not in the mental space for any creation: "I had some lunch, I ate some eggs and pasta, I think I had more than I should, I am not feeling well. My stomach is heavy and so is my mind, on the thought I am gaining weight again. It is the problem with bariatric surgery that is hard to solve, you lose a lot of weight, but there is little guarantee you will keep on the losses. I detest exercising and I tend to eat, so this is a huge problem. I do try to go one day at a time. Concerning this, I also ask: how is the weather? Here, winter lingers, most days are still fresh, but I expect it to change quite fast as October makes himself acquainted. While the beautiful north see the colors change in the trees, the land of eternal sun moves towards the time of sweat and woe."

I don't have much to add on this, I still fear gaining weight, while hating the exercising part of keeping one's figure, one part I consider being the most inneficient and traumatizing. I am expecting the weather to shift fast from Winter to Spring-Summer, but today, this has not been pronounced, winter still proceeds, and I have none complaint on that. In fact, can I dream of a year with a summer so mild as to not allow me to struggle with the heat? Pray that the summers be wet and the winters clear.

Again, about the past days, The bad news for now, and the days before, is that I am quite burnt out, nothing new or that inspires hope. I did get new games to play, but it is not as simple as getting a new product and then using it, one must be on the correct mindset. Is this a sign of growing up the fact you cannot so easily change yout mood? Or is this less natural than what I was theorizing? 

I do play, it is my favorite hobby, ideally provide my days with some fulfillment. But even if Victoria 3 has come out with new content, I haven't been really excited for enjoying it. Balance also comes to mind. Either I am driven out of the game, either I end up playing for too long and getting my mind numb, detached, which I also hate feeling. Balance. One step at at a time, or else my detachment will keep on going and I will feel frustrated, having to take some time also to rest the brain. 

I suppose this is the theme for today's post, the one of balance and memento mori, one that I revisit frequently and even here I do so. And also, one of starting October in hopefully a good way, even if the brain tends to be fatigued. If anything, life moves, thank Goodness it does. 

So, I should move towards the wrap up of today's post! I hope next time I write something more cohesive and do so with more energy! I will be back real soon, too, around the weekend, unless I am more inspired than usual before that. Thank you as always, my friend, for being here! I wish you the best! And I will hopefully see you again real soon!!

Comments