In Which August 2026 Ends, slightly above average, for all it is due
Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post! I trust it should be time for us now to wrap up the month of August! How was yours? As for my own, it went fast, and though not on the top 5 best months of my life, specially due to the bellow average birthday time, it was not a lost case scenario, in fact, retrospectively, it was a productive one, far more than I was anticipating, and specially concerning writing. It is true that financially it was a profoundly rough month, and in other aspects, such as the longing for chatting with my best friends more often, which for now could not happen, it went lackluster, but we did have had good news, such as the new DLC for Age of Empires 3 DE, coming, at least on the schedule, on September 10th. You know how chaotic a gane release can be, even of a DLC, reason why I don't know for sure if it will actually come on September, or will be delayed, but thinking that just two months ago we deemed Age 3 all but on maintenance mode, that is a remarkable reversal of fortunes, specially for us that prefer this iteration of the franchise.
A new DLC for Anno 117 came out, which made me get interested in the game again. I had to rebuilt my Sims 3 library and setup, either on late July or early August, but on that front, it is relatively back on schedule, too. The glitch I was having before could not be tolerated anyway, I was unable to click on the soil on Sims 3, and only was able to move as to interact with objects. That had to be resolved, even if I lost a lot in this procedure. Game wise, it was overall quite eventful.
I returned to my college studies, after bureocracy complications that were bothering me greatly. Back to it, I could catch up fast with the month's discipline and I trust I took a very good grade on it. Still on this topic, I may get an internship for my college this September, if bureocracy again does not stall the formation again. Writing wise, I did write a reasonable amount. I almost lost the blog because of what I can only assume was an AI glitch, and having recuperate my almost thousand posts, I went to start s branch of this blog on Substack, just in case. I also established some ideas for a long term project, which is the book I would love to write on urban planning. I just thought of one issue: I write mostly in English, would I have to move towards a Portuguese approach, specially due to my experience being in Brazil? I find that likely. I have not written that consistently in my own language in a while! I am of course perfectly capable of doing that, but I adore English... anyway, it is what it is. I suppose I'd have to write something in portuguese, hardly the most pressing of my issues at the end of the day.
I am happy I could work on some drawings, more than I was at first anticipating, I hope I can do some more in September. I finally am on the direction of doing a building, which could take me some weeks... there is coming the time for another christmas postcard as well... I have the pressing issue of my phone being chronically out of memory capacity. The case for a new iPhone builds, and given I would only switch to another iPhone, with the prices of this device nowadays (and all days, really), that can take a while. I pray hope it can be resolved this year, but I am not holding my breath at all. Until then, I am at the last dozen megabytes, having to adapt as I can. The case for a new iPhone grows, and what a bad timing, given mom and dad's finance struggles. Not an exclusivity of my household, given the catastrophic economic scenario surrounding Brazil, with a suffocating taxation burden, money debasement, interest on astronomical levels due to very poor government choices. Over 85% of brazilian households of all social standings are finding it hard to navigate through debt, something very hard to avoid, and getting at least some basic groceries. One can only hope for all the left, from far left to center left, to be ousted from government, and a newly right wing, of the liberal-conservative kind, be put in its place. This is not because government is the solution, but because it is the main issue. If we are to return to have a society more independent from the whims of Brasilia, we have reach such a shameful level that we can hardly do that without radical reforms, preferably like the most important ones made in Argentina.
I did write quite a bit today! More than I was anticipating! It could be a good description for August: above average with a nice surprise ring to it. I of course, before I go, want to offer my small but sincere tribute to the beautiful Dolly Parton, that much to my sadness, could not reach the end of this August. She was, for all that I know, a marvelous lady, besides being one of the greatest country lyricists and musicians of American History. Given the richness of american popular music landscape, that is not a small feat. I aim to be as gracious, as tactful and as discrete but also as bright as she was. Many celebrities, when they go, inspire a lot of insincere appraisal when they have to go, Dolly is not one of them, I think she deserves ever accolade, and the tears we all shed, I think they are entirely justified, I do, which is very rare of me of saying, I usually abhor to see the overextention of an artificial mourning period. Alas, that is not the position with Mrs. Parton, she was a beautiful butterfly of a woman. Rest in peace, may you reach the eternal bliss of heaven with the Lord.
I should return to this publication soon, around next week, the beginninf of September, so I can write and share some thoughts and a bit of my quotidian some more. I am grateful that you are here, never to be taken for granted. I wish you the best, and I see you again real soon, cheers, farewell just for now.

Comments
Post a Comment