Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

In which the author shares the good news: VACATIONS ARE (ALMOST) HERE

Hello people! Yes, you heard it right! I'm unoficially on vacation! They're almost here, finally!!! I still have a test to do on Monday, which is a bummer, but apart from that I can feel free now! This semester in college was a crazy adventure - actually more of a misadventure - with many ups and downs. It wasn't my best semester in college and I probably won't remember it that way, and beyond college, it was quite a complex period of my life, I think that's a good way to put it, a lot of stuff happened, I had good moments and terrible moments, but I'm so glad we're reaching the middle of this exotic year that is 2018! Also, because of this ups and downs I decided to start my blog, so a nice thing came out of the roller coaster, apart from barf and tears! And besides all the adversities, I'm happy! I love my life and everything in it, sometimes it's just hard to remember, and sadness is a very spacious, demanding and one that hates to be ignored feeling, but like I said, I'm just glad to be alive, and as Inside Out taught us, sandness is important too, of course it's painfull and all that, but a lot of times good things come out of it! I'm not saying in the end it's good to be sad, and I'm not saying you should embrace the sadness, far from that! No one, myself included, wants to be sad, it's terrible, but, when the feeling comes, don't be afraid, it will pass, it might take a long while, but it will, and it can bring the people you like close to you, and like I said good things can come out of it, even though you'll only realize it later. 
But would you look at that, I just wanted to make a post saying I'm almost on my vacations and I ended up with a monologue about sadness and my not wonderful semester, this is so me! I'll return to this topic later, and I will return to my semester and stuff later as well, now just wanted to say that in this vacation I'll try my best to keep my schedule alive, and I'll organize the social media of my blog better and all that, things will be great in this corn season, full of fireplaces and rain! Thank you for reading this! I'm so glad to have you here.

Comments