Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

Song of the week: In which we take a trip to the 80's and Flashdance!

Happy Friday everyone! It's that really nice day of the week everyone's expecting to come, it is here, finally, so let's celebrate! As for me, it is really good to be at last having some vacations, the best part of it is everyday of the week feels like Friday, or even better, Saturday! But what is even better than Friday/Saturday? Have a day like these ones on a Tuesday or Wednesday! The break from the routine is the best part indeed! But enough about days and weeks and all of that, let's have some music!
As I said, I was thinking about having Friday as the "Song of the week" day, it's nothing really settled in the schedule, but so far Friday it is! Last week, we had the very subtle song "Secret" by Madonna, of her 90's album "Bedtime Stories"! Today, we'll go further on the throwback and we'll make a quick visit to the 80's!
In this month, I've been watching some movies from this very flamboyant decade that I really love - and in fact I should write about it in the future! I watched "Can't Buy Me Love" with young Patrick Dempsey, a really nice movie, and this Tuesday I finally managed to see one I've been wanting to check for quite a while now but never had the will to go forward with it, until now: The classic hit "Flashdance", with Jennifer Beals! It's a very interesting motion picture with an EXTRAORDINARY soundtrack!!!!!!! I just love the 80's so much musically, and I could make a whole series of posts talking just about it, but for today just wanted to highlight my favorite tune from the movie! Ready? Here it is:


Imagination by Laura Branigan is a song that really caught me! Loved the rhythim of it and the whole synthpop vibe of the 80's is something that never fails to please me! I really should look for more by Laura, if her other tunes are like this one, she may become one of my favorites of 2018! And if you don't have Spotify, here's the Youtube link to it:

And that's it for today! Just love sharing the songs I like with you all! Hope your week is being fantastic so far! Thank you for reading this! See you soon!

Comments