Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

In which we talk about a beautiful porcelain sculpture!

Hello and good afternoon everyone!! We're here on the beginning of another week, and I hope everything may be great for all of us! To celebrate this, I wanted to share with you all a picture that will bring us to the year of 2017! I like to call 2017 the year of the crazy roller coaster with no seatbelts or security bars, because it felt that way for me, too much stuff going on, too many changes at the same place and time, it's enough to drive everyone nuts, and I'm no exception! But, this picture I'm talking about was taken before the storm, in the end of my vacations. I just graduated from school and was about to start college, it was a mild period of my life, with some anxiety moments because I had no idea what college would be like, but overall not bad at all! Here's the picture I'm talking about:


This is probably my favorite picture I took in 2017 and portraits this wonderful porcelain sculpture of two amazingly dressed nobles from the 18th century having a relaxed moment. I just love Rococo and the art from the mid 18th century, and this definitely sounds like it, which pleases me way too much. At the background we have a garden, which I think fitted the moment well. Those sophisticated carefree moments are indeed something to be celebrated, as are memories of past vacations of life. 
And here we are, at the end of another post! I'm so happy to have you here, reading this! I hope you liked it, and I see you soon for more!

Comments