Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

Music of the Week! In which the author talks about his favorite song by Nelo!

Hello and good morning people!! How are you all? Time for another song of the week in this hot Friday, way too hot to be on winter time! If you read my post on Reid, one of my faves of season 14 of The Voice, and just my fave in general, you will aknowledge that he's on a alternative-rock band called Nelo! Before June, I already knew that, but never searched for it, until the day I decided to do it, and this was one of my best decisions of last month! I'm not a rock person, but I loved the songs of the band! The lyrics are great, needless to say Reid's voice is just wonderful, and all the instruments are very well executed, I just love everything! I could talk a lot about the band, but I think I'm gonna have a separate post to do that, because this would be a too big post if I did that, so for today let's just focus on the song of the day! The first tune I listened of the group was Footsteps, and I just fell in love with it. That song opened the doors to the other ones that came after it, so it was also really impactful! This is the song we're having today here!

Footsteps (Spotify) - This version is from the Album Old Friends...  (2012)
The acoustic version of the song is also truly amazing! Here's the link to it:
Footsteps Acoustic (Spotify) - This is from the Album Roots (Live) (2017)
And, if you don't have Spotify, you can listen to it on Youtube Here!

I hope you guys might like the song, I really love it! And I totally recommend you all to look more by Nelo, I loved all the songs I listened so far! I'm still getting to know the band but everything sounds really promising! Let's close this post with the cover of the album Roots!


And that's it for today! Thanks for being here! I appreciate that so much! See you again next time, dear reader!

Comments