Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

Song of the week! In which we wish we could turn back in time

Hello everyone! Happy Friday to you!!! As you know, time for song of the week! Wow, can't believe we're already on August 17, the month of August is going fast, I think! Soon the summer will be back, but at this point it doesn't make a difference, it's hot just like it was summer already!
So, today we'll be seeing one of my favorites by Cher, that musical chamaleon! It's not only one of my favorites, but also at this point one cultural classic! Yes, if you saw the title of this post you probably already guessed what tune I'm talking about! If I Could Turn Back Time, of her Heart of Stone album of 1989!!



Cher is definitely an icon that spreads through so many musical genres! In this particular one, on her rock period, she gave us a powerful song on asking for forgiveness and how words we say can impact a relationship in bad ways. Guess we all had those moments, like she say in the song "words are like weapons, they wound sometimes", something we heard time and time again, and at some levels became a clichĂ©, but a very truthful one. Unfortunately we can't go back in time -yet- BUT that doesn't mean we can't wish for it and sing about it, am I right?? Also, her whole outfit for this song and this period of her career became iconic, she's indeed a fashion icon as well! If you don't have Spotify do not worry, I have the Youtube link right here with me!

This very nice song and this very nice artist is what we have for today!! I'm so happy to be here! Hope you enjoyed it as well!! See you next time!!

Comments