Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we Wrap up September: At the Gates of a crosswalk

Good evening my good friend, reader of this present post! How are you today? How have you been? We have reached the end of another month, as Christmas season of 2026 either unfolds or draws near, depending on your traditional habits. In any case, the second half of a year, and specially the months of the holiday events, such as Halloween and Thanksgiving, go by quite fast, they also obey their own special laws, separated from the speed of light. I love to see autumn, albeit from afar, given it is spring to summer time in my tropical area. The weather has been so far kept in a pleasant way, and as I understand October may advance the heat forward, I ought to enjoy the breeze as it lasts. And I am okay, I would say. It was a month of me getting the internship and taking part on the first shift of the internship, just observing the classroom while the teacher that took me in, Bless her soul, really did a rather good job at keeping a classroom of so many loud teenagers under control. It wa...

In which we talk about my last Holiday and sandcastles!!

Hello everyone!! Happy Sunday to you! It was supposed to be happy Saturday, I know, but something bad happened yesterday: my internet died. I traveled to the beach, and the internet is much more unreliable there. I managed to make the song friday, the internet was good friday, but on Saturday everything went south. I'm really sorry guys, I feel bad, I'm writing the post today and I'll try to write an extra post this or next week to compensate that, but there's something more.
I got overwhelmed yesterday by a huge storm that happened in my mind. It got out of control pretty fast and it caused some damage, so I had to take some quick mental rest. Sometimes this things happen, unfortunately.
So, how are you today? How are things going? As always, I wish for the best!
Anyway, like I said, it was a Holiday in Brazil yesterday (actually not quite yesterday but I mean come on the holiday was like on Friday, the weekend got mixed in that too). Day 7th of September is intependence day, the day in which D. Pedro I refused to return to Portugal, inspite of the demands of a much angry portuguese population and the wishes of his father, D. JoĂŁo VI, who previously was reigning Portugal through Rio de Janeiro, located in brazilian territory, but had to return to his country after Portugal fell into civil unrest (the story on how the hell the portuguese royal family ended up in Brazil is quite an ingenious one, but I will save it for another time). This refusal of course led to some tensions between the territory of Brazil and Portugal. But, on the contrary to the violent and messy revolutions going on through Latin America back then, Portugal and Brazil managed to settle an agreement, with the help of the British Empire, so major bloodshed and chaos was avoided and Brazil became a separate Kingdom: the Brazilian Empire. This one lasted until was overthrown by a coup D'etat in 1889, but that's a story for another story, okay, moving on, enough with the boring history stuff...
So I went to the beach with family this Thursday! I don't like the beach too much. To be fair, I kind of do, but it's not necessarily my favorite place. There's a thing I love to do on beaches though, and it is SANDCASTLES!!!!
I love building sandcastles so much!!!! And that beach we went was so good to build them, because the sand was moisty and nice! I love developing cities filled with sandcastles, I feel so happy doing them, my imagination catches fire and I really feel happy!! Today I just wanted to share my latest ones with you guys, in the future I'll show my older ones, but for today just the ones I did this holiday!

I really value a very large and strong basis when building sandcastles, the stronger the better, and after that I put one chunk of sand on the top of the other. I pick the chunck of sand and I place on the top of the basis very strongly until it covers the whole surface, one on the top of the other, very carefully and slowly and so on, I call this method "the drum method", because it's basically like a cilinder of sand on the top of the other until I reach the height I want. I developed this method back on 2017, the story of that though will have to wait for another post.

This one I did a day after the previous one! It's a little bit smaller, but it resisted a very much more adverse scenario, with water everywhere.

I prefer to do a lot of towers instead of just one, but sandcastles are really demanding to build, and the drum method makes them even harder and more exhausting, so I got really tired and with my body broken just with one tower! But I do love doing them!
So that's it for today! Thank you so much for being here! You're the very best! And I'm really sorry for what happened, I'll do my best to try to avoid that to ever happen again, see you guys soon!


Comments