Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we Wrap up September: At the Gates of a crosswalk

Good evening my good friend, reader of this present post! How are you today? How have you been? We have reached the end of another month, as Christmas season of 2026 either unfolds or draws near, depending on your traditional habits. In any case, the second half of a year, and specially the months of the holiday events, such as Halloween and Thanksgiving, go by quite fast, they also obey their own special laws, separated from the speed of light. I love to see autumn, albeit from afar, given it is spring to summer time in my tropical area. The weather has been so far kept in a pleasant way, and as I understand October may advance the heat forward, I ought to enjoy the breeze as it lasts. And I am okay, I would say. It was a month of me getting the internship and taking part on the first shift of the internship, just observing the classroom while the teacher that took me in, Bless her soul, really did a rather good job at keeping a classroom of so many loud teenagers under control. It wa...

In which the author shares another poem he made to the reader!!!

Hello everyone!! Happy Monday to you!!! Nice to be here, writing this post and just to be here! How are you today and how are things going?? As usual, I wish you the best, and hope everything is fine for you today!
It's not only every week, IT'S HALLOWEEN WEEK!!! WHAAT??? YES!!!! THE SPOOKINESS OF OCTOBER REACHES ITS APEX, WICH IS SO WONDERFUL AND SCARY! Okay, here the weather has nothing to do with fall, in fact, it has a lot more to do with a microwave at its maximum potential of heat, but anyway, the party is all on my mind, and I love it, If I had a costume to use, I'd wear it. I'll try to celebrate it on my own way, eating too much sugar and probably watching Nightmare Before Christmas for the 10th time (something I already do on a regular basis, BUT ANYWAY).



And, in this weekend that turned out to be longer than it should, with four days instead of 3 (since I usually don't have classes on Fridays), I had a rush of energy and decided to finish another poem I had in my mind for quite a while, another one about a long lost geological era of the Planet Earth, this one about the Ordovician period, one of my favorites for its name and because the first true algae forms are from this period, I believe. This one I liked better than my first one, even though still is born from improvisation and despair to get it "right". So... Here we go, to the poem.


THE ORDOVICIAN SEASHORE

By Daniel M.

The Ordovician seashore
It has no people around
To build sandcastles on its sandfloor.

The Primitive Foam and the first algae color the place
They won't be touched by the feets of the human race
Or any race
For there's no life on the land floor.

The wind blows cold and the rocks are freezing
For there's no birds to provide the heating.

The Ordovician seashore
Old times long forgotten
The trilobites are thriving though
Their existence is fresh
It has not already rotten.

In the waters we can see
The shells of the Nautile
Porific sponges form the first coral
And yet no eye will see.

The Ordovician seashore
Does it seem like a familiar landscape?

In the shores of Laurentia
Any familiar shape?

The Ordovician seashore
Reminds me of the shores of that beach back home
And yet no human will ever build
Sandcastles on its sand floor.
--

And this more thoughtful poem - I guess? -  Is what I have to offer to you today, dear reader! Lile the word Birkenia, I had the world Ordovician in my mind for years as well, due to my reading of some prehistoric lifeforms books, amazing books by the way. I love this, just seeing odd creatures BESIDES THE DINOSAURS THAT ARE SO OVERSATURATED!!!!! (I do like dinosaurs too, they're pretty cool). Thank you so much for reading and being here, you're the very best!!! The month of October is coming to an end soon, with the winds of November already here and the Halloween season on its hype! Tomorrow I'll made a post for album of the month, out of schedule, I know, but I don't love the idea of two posts in a day. And in Wednesday we're celebrating Halloween and saying goodbye to this odd month, October, lovely and spooky. See you guys tomorrow! Yahoo!

Comments