Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have many years in a week: Morning in Brazil, too?

Good morning, most kind and dear friend, reader of this present post, too! How are you? This is a post I have been trying to write since this Tuesday or so... and it has been quite hard to think on what to develop into a more substancial thought. There is a lot that I would like to talk, and I was terrified of starting a post, only to delete it and leave it at that, it happened time and again, and it destroys me for the moment. I don't know why such a strong repulsion against starting a thought and not knowing how to end, not finding a good way to conclude. Perhaps it is fear of fatigue. Or of being mistreated. But I do have an ongoing trend that I perceive, I really, really wanted to mention it. I did start the year a bit annoyed with the 2016 nostalgia, and on that line, I said that it was more of a 1989 year than 2016. I said it due to the capture of Maduro, the (ongoing) second Iranian Revolution and war, the immense losses the left suffered across latin America, that brought s...

Song of the week! In which we talk about the Ballad of Flemmingrad!

Hello everyone! Happy Friday to you and good afternoon as well! How are you today and how are things going? As usual, I wish you the best and hope everything is fine for you! As for me, today is a calm day of Friday, things are hot as usual, but the ventilator is on, so I should be fine, I'm planning on writing a chapter on my story, maybe doing some sketches, maybe appreciate the christmas decoration around me one more time today, cause I love it, just trying to figure out what to do on this calm Friday, since I don't have class; I was supposed to go to class, actually, since there's this project I'm working on with a group partner, but he had some issues and couldn't go, so here I am, and happy to he here, writing this post and talking to you, dear reader!
And today is song of the week day! Yay!!! These week I was revisiting the very much underrated Frozen short movie on Christmas: Olaf's Frozen Adventure! One that I like immensely, and remembering my favorite songs of the short movie, one that I didn't have paid much attention before came to my attention! This one is the Ballad of Flemmingrad, sang by Kristoff, as he presented one of the trolls Christmas Traditions to the rest of the cast! A delightful song that make us remember how good Kristoff can sing, he is voiced by Jonathan Groff and his voice is blessed indeed! On the short movie, the song is not too big, but on the soundtrack album, we can see the whole piece, and it's indeed magnificent! And that is the song of the week that we have for today!
And, if you prefer the short version of it, I have the link for that one too!
And since we're already here, if you don't have Spotify, do not distress, for I have the Youtube link for both versions right here! Yay!!


Painting by Dmitry Levin
Truly a lovely song from a lovely short movie! The tradition of the trolls, as we'll find out, it's pretty weird, but a nice example on how different are the Christmas celebrations for everyone! I do think this time of the year is a party for everyone, in the tropics and in the artic likewise! One that I love very much and I'm so excited that is so close! I think with that, this makes a bridge between what's left of Halloween, the month of November, the already fading Fall season, December and the Christmas season! Something you can also see on Over The Garden Wall, a very special transition moment that doesn't even present itself that way. Well, anyway...
Thank you so much for being here, reading this post! Hope you may find the Balllad of Flemmingrad as lovely as I did! I appreciate you a lot and you're the very best! See you next time!

Comments