Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we Wrap up September: At the Gates of a crosswalk

Good evening my good friend, reader of this present post! How are you today? How have you been? We have reached the end of another month, as Christmas season of 2026 either unfolds or draws near, depending on your traditional habits. In any case, the second half of a year, and specially the months of the holiday events, such as Halloween and Thanksgiving, go by quite fast, they also obey their own special laws, separated from the speed of light. I love to see autumn, albeit from afar, given it is spring to summer time in my tropical area. The weather has been so far kept in a pleasant way, and as I understand October may advance the heat forward, I ought to enjoy the breeze as it lasts. And I am okay, I would say. It was a month of me getting the internship and taking part on the first shift of the internship, just observing the classroom while the teacher that took me in, Bless her soul, really did a rather good job at keeping a classroom of so many loud teenagers under control. It wa...

Sketch of the week! In which we talk about the snowy scene with the Christmas lights!

Hello everyone! Happy Wednesday to you, and good evening! How are you today and how are things going? As usual, I wish you the best, and hope you are having a good day! My day today was productive and calm at the same time, I'm on the process of watching the voice finals, which is always amazing to see, I'm making some sketches and slowly trying some new stuff, and my plants maybe will get new vases soon, because many of them are growing so much! My experience with my plants has been enriching so far! Some have struggled but are starting to come back to life now, a couple have died, but most of them are doing well! It's always complicated, of course, you have to make sure everything is doing well with them, but overall I think I'm doing fine with them! 
Something really adorable happened today! I was on a walk earlier today, and I found a kitten on my way. I petted the kitten, and the lovely creature followed me around for a long time, and she was being (it was a she!) really kind towards me, rubbing on my feet and my hands. I was a bit concerned about the kitten, since it was on the streets, but I'm happy to say the kitten is being taken care of! She has a nice place to sleep, food and water and most important of all, the kitten is neutered. She was a bit thin, but overall looking healthy and really sociable, so that's lovely! Anyway, I don't doubt the incredible ability of cats on being independent and thriving even living by themselves, but for a pet it's always nice to have a home!
I think I like pets a lot, I'm not a huge pet person, but I love cats and dogs, and I'd love to have a cat one day, when I have the chance to have one.
I'm so happy it's December and Christmas season, but how fast this month of December is passing! It makes me both happy and sad that December 24th-25th are so close! Because it's the height of the season, and after that it's gone for another year... Christmas oficially goes until January 5th, but still... And let's not talk about the next year now, still too early for that!
Okay, long text for our Sketch of the week post of today! Like I said, I made some experimentations on drawing and coloring recently, and I made this christmas drawing I'm about to show!


These are the winter trees and the snowstorm, and also the christmas lights on them! We have red and yellow! It's windy and cold, most people are at home, appreciating the snow, because snow is beautiful indeed, or at least I think so! It's crazy how seasons work, I can't experience that, where I live we only have wet summer and dry summer, I want to see snow and cold one day, or see how spring works, and stuff like that. I do love Christmas even without snow, it doesn't lose its magic for me, just seeing the decoration around, it's impossible not to love it. 
This drawing has my dry trees, my snowy ground that I'm always looking on how to improve, and my snowy sky with wind and snow, and something brand new: the Christmas lights! Without the ugly wires though, let's leave it for another one, and anyway, this is not real life, this is my drawing, and it doesn't have to be 100% like reality...
And this drawing I made on Christmas season is what we have for today! Thank you so much for being here and for reading this! You are the very best and you know it! Have a wonderful night and I see you on my next post! Yahoo! And happy December!

Comments