Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

In which we talk about being without ideas

Hello to youu!!! Good morning! Happy Saturday!!! How are you today and how are things going? As usual, I wish you the best and hope everything is going fine! How is the weather where you are? Here it is really hot, so hot in fact I didn't open the window so the hot air couldn't make the place even hotter, it's a day of summer indeed! So much I was considering to take a walk later on, but I won't because even in the end of the afternoon the weather will still be harsh! Well, but the saturday is not going bad, it's being a calm day, I made two drawings, I'm on my pajamas, have no urgent homework to do. But these days, I'm completely out of ideas for the blog, for what to write! It is so bad! I try to think of something, it doesn't work! I do thematics and they help, but I like to write without them! Wish I had a poem or a Story to share. I must have one, but I still need to see if it's really worth sharing with you guys! It's like a creative block+lack of creativity, it sucks! I was feeling like that with drawings, but I'm slowly going back on doing them! Hopefully it will keep on being that way, though I can stop drawing for out of ideas again, it's normal that this happens! Which also sucks! No new movie to write about, I maybe should start on writing about my series as well! I still have to figure out how to do it, but like I have some series I love! There's this new season of The Voice slowly getting closer, I'm excited for it! Seems like we're brainstorming at live, that's nice! Well, for today I actually have a nice painting to share! It's from my favorite painter: Gustav Klimt! He is awesome! And this painting even more!


This is the unfinished portrait of Amalie Zuckerkandll, I just searched about it and I saw it is an unfinished painting, I couldn't believe it, as it looks absolutely stunning as it is, with all the details, just imagine how it would look actually finished! I love these portraits by Gustav! And as I read, I discovered Amalie was a christian who converted to Jewish religion to marry her husband, the surgeon and urologist Otto Zuckerkandll! Their marriage didn't last though, and Amalie would have a terrible destiny, dying in a Nazi prisioner camp in the world war II. This is a beyond terrible destiny, and it's terrible that not even her portrait was finished, but like I said, it looks beautiful even unfinished.
I love the oriental feel of this painting, it reminds me of the paintings of the Chinese Emperors of the Qing Dinasty! Let me show you guys what I'm talking about! 


This is the portrait of Emperor Qianlong of the Qing Dinasty! And what I think it's similar between the two works? I know Klimt loved japanese art, and this is a chinese one, but Well, both paintings have two dimensions and they feel like having three, like with the shading, the clothes and the details on the face, even the position of the two portraits are similar, I also must add I love the shoes of the Emperor, they look great, I'd love to have one like those. Do you guys see any resemblance?
Anyway, my wallow on being out of ideas plus the portrait of Amalie is what we have for today! Yahoo! Thank you so much for being here, you are the very best!! See you next time!

Comments