Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we Wrap up September: At the Gates of a crosswalk

Good evening my good friend, reader of this present post! How are you today? How have you been? We have reached the end of another month, as Christmas season of 2026 either unfolds or draws near, depending on your traditional habits. In any case, the second half of a year, and specially the months of the holiday events, such as Halloween and Thanksgiving, go by quite fast, they also obey their own special laws, separated from the speed of light. I love to see autumn, albeit from afar, given it is spring to summer time in my tropical area. The weather has been so far kept in a pleasant way, and as I understand October may advance the heat forward, I ought to enjoy the breeze as it lasts. And I am okay, I would say. It was a month of me getting the internship and taking part on the first shift of the internship, just observing the classroom while the teacher that took me in, Bless her soul, really did a rather good job at keeping a classroom of so many loud teenagers under control. It wa...

Sketch of the week! In Which we talk about the lemon Admiralty!

Hello everyone! Good afternoon to you, dear reader of this post! Happy Valentines day! How are you today? How are things going? As usual, I wish you the best and hope you are fine! Sorry I had to postpone my post, I was without my computer yesterday, and today I'll only have night classes, so I'll have more time available to do the post today, which is always nice! It's weird having night classes, I'm not struggling to much with it so far, but my routine is different, as it would be, of course. I still have afternoon classes, of course, I've lost some subjects last semester, unfortunately, but not too bad, I hope I can get them now! One step at a time right? I'm having a calm day, I wish you a calm day. Also, WHAT A SUMMER! MR. SUN, TAKE A BOW, YOU'VE OUTDONE YOURSELF THIS YEAR! Guys, it is so hot here, everyone is frying, air conditioners are not being able to take down the heat, it's a mess. When it rains, the rain is hot, and it gets even hotter somehow! It's the month of February, the hottest in the year! Good news is, after the apex, the only way to go is down the hill, and luckily March and April will have more bearable conditions, who knows, well we can't see the future, we can only hope, it's the best we have. One step at a time anyway, right?
Talking about it, it's being a slow season for my drawings, I only managed to do some yesterday. I'm planning on start some doodles today maybe, but I don't know, hopefully in the weekend maybe, but still, I pray for today, I love to draw, it hurts me not to draw as much, for whatever reason. But today we have one for our sketch of the week! Yahoo!!!! It's one based on the Great Admiralty of St. Petersburg

Having a more Neoclassical feel to it, the admiralty could have been sober and cold, but I gave it some color with the neon yellow and the teal, also the funky purple and the red. As I was talking to a friend about it, it's not 100% neoclassical, there's this gothic stained glass in it, the rococo rooftops, and so on, but overall is neoclassical. I think the columns could've gone way better, but well it's a progress from other drawings, since I did them with no ruler. Rulers make the drawing more precise, but cut your liberty so much! I'd rather do the lines as straight as I can without help but with freedom than using a boring instrument that gives me more headache than fun. I liked the overall result of the Admiralty, but I think this drawing might be more appreciated by me when I see it in the future, or not, we can't see the future, right? Anyway, I hope you liked it, I did. Hopefully I can do more buildings as the month goes by, even today, who knows? If I do and I like it enough, it will be shown here at the sketch of the week day! I do like sharing my stuff with you guys, if it's bad, if it's good, I just like to share it and talk about it and just have fun and enjoy the conversation! 
Anyway, with this sketch and this small description, I think we wrap up for today! With my postponed thing, we'll have three posts in a row! Today, Friday and Saturday! Wow! Would you look at that! Well, see you next time dear reader, thank you so much for being here reading this, you are the very best! Yahoo, see you next time!

Comments