Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

Sketch of the week! In which we talk about the tree!

Hello everyone! Happy Wednesday to you! Good afternoon!! How are you today and how are things going? As usual, I hope you are fine and well, wish you the best! How is the weather where you are? Here it's really hot, which is sad, but anyway, Carnival season is over, which means summer will be gone soon and the rains of fall and winter will come, how awesome is that?! I had some rain these days, and it was very good and fresh for a few moments, until the sun came back and made everything hot again, cycles of a tropical weather, yay! No wonder there's an expression for it called "green hell", it rains but it's so hot the water evaporates soon and the vapor makes the weather even hotter! Anyways, talking about something else than the heat, today is sketch of the week day! Yay!!! In my desire to have a fresher weather, we have a simple sketch I did of an Evergreen, or anyway, a regular gymnosperm...


Gymnosperm is greek for Naked seeds, those types of plants that include the pinetrees and so on is the type of plant that do not produce flowers, which is a pretty much extremely short explanation for my favorite kind of tree, even though I do love flowers. They became important after the huge mass extinction of the Permian Period, millions of years ago, even before the dinossaurs, and they still thrive today, surrounding us with their leaves and beauty! As I've been in a shy way trying new stuff this year, I decided to try to do a tree with no pen marks to it, making it more soft and organic, usually I just draw the contour of the tree with a pen and paint it inside, which is fine, but it's not how trees work, every leaf of a tree is unique, it's not a whole unity, so I decided that portraying trees and plants in general this other way is a better way to go, I first tried a few times on my raw sketchbook, and then I translated it to this piece of paper, and I'm satisfied with the result, I think it pleases my eyes, I won't stop doing trees the other way, of course, but trying new things is always nice when you are up to the task, because pushing yourself too strongly is not helpful, actually it is harmful. Just wanted to do a sketch as soft and fresh as possible, one that is very pale and doesn't have too strong colors, I tend to go on the direction of strong colors when the truth is I prefer pale and pastel variations, with some hints of stronger colors. Talking about it I really need to draw more! Even though I procrastinate in college often, I still have many activities to do there and college routine makes me tired and makes my free time more scarse, which is not a fertile soil for drawings, as I'm tired, with no ideas, and wanting to do less demanding activities, and so it goes, but I hope I can fight this a bit and at least do like 5 sketches a week! At least for the sketch of the week moment right? Anyway, just me being talkative as always, thank you so much for sticking with me for this long if you read the post till this point, I am very grateful and you are the best! Thank you so much! Wish you a good night and I see you on the next post!

Comments