Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

Sketch of the week! In which we talk about Jackson Orangehill!

Hello everyone! Happy Wednesday to you! How are you today and how are things going? As usual, I wish you the best and hope all is fine! How is the weather? For me, it's a nice chill day, I mean, as chill as it can be on the tropics, I'm a bit thirsty but I'm lazy so I'm not filling my water bottle for another hour maybe, lazy life right, I'm struggling a bit with anxiety for some reason, which sucks since it still is my birthday week. Guys, I'm so excited to maybe get this new laptop, I'm daydreaming about it, but it's tough cause it's really expensive and my grandmother doesn't want to go for it, even if it would be a huge investment in my life, just think about it guys... Yeah, it's tough, but I think I got this, even if I dont get the notebook now, just one step at a time I'm closer than I was before to reach my goals! I just gotta receive the rest of my birthday presents, maybe by the end of the week I'll have all that I need, and I'm gonna talk to grandma and ask her about it, let us pray things may turn to a better situation!!! And, anyway, I have a sketch to show to you guys today, I need to do more sketches, but I'm so focused on the Laptop and on other things I get with no time for drawing, anyway, let me present you guys to my new Character: Jackson Orangehill!


Jackson is such a happy guy! He loves to be himself and he loves to mix colors, he dyed (I was gonna type died, oops, no please) his hair light green and he's always smiling, even when life is not that great, because what could he do in stead of smile? Cry? Well no, because cry gives you a headache. It's not that he represses his emotions because he doesn't, but he tries to keep his heads up in the best way he can so he can keep on doing what he loves, which is Art Nouveau pannels and experimenting new sweaters!
He came out of nowhere to me while I was drawing, I decided I wanted to paint his hair green and I gave his sweater a beautiful orange tone with some blue details, blue and orange is a combination I like, my friend John helped me pick the name for the drawing and he is so creative, he helps me a lot and we do a lot of things together, he is one of my best friends after all! I mean, online best friends, but I think emotionally is the same dang thing! The only thing that sucks is the distance but I'm sure one day we'll meet, I hope and pray for it.
Well, for today this is it, I hope to do more drawings and post them here, love to hang out with you guys and just write! I think for today this is it, thank you so much for coming to the divagation store and I see you all next time, my friends!

Comments