Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

In Which I say Happy St. Nicholas Day!

Hello, reader! Wonderful to see you, wish you the best! How is the weather where you are? Here, I am safe from summer, which is a nice thing, but I wouldn't be going outside, because that would make me sweat like crazy, you guys know how much I hate sweat, not the ideal situation to spend Christmas! I miss going to the pool.. I have a pool in my building, and my grandma's place has a pool also! So I should go spend sometime there, eventually! Today is a special day, nonetheless, and I'll explain why next!

I did know that this was a thing, but I wasn't sure what day was it, now I know, and I'll register here on the blog for future ocasions! Happy St. Nicholas day! What a joy! Here where I live, is no big deal, but in Europe, specially in Portugal, for example, as St. Nicholas is not only the saint of the Children, but also of the Students, unmarried people, sailors, and so on, the list is grand! I'm happy for being in this wonderful season once more! My 22nd season to date! And many more shall come! I made a couple of sketches this morning, and I hope to paint them as the week goes by, I also have other ideas for sketches, hopefully they shall work well, like, I need to work on the small christmas course I enrolled this weekend, one that teaches to do some Christmas art, by Johanna Basford! I need to follow the classes! I hope to do it today, even, but hoping is not compromising! One step at a time! I also want to do some more Christmas Characters, it would go well, I think! I rejoice as classes are over, so far, and I pray that my grades may be good, so I don't have to do more tests, or worse, even repeat a discipline, that would be lame! Well, I hope to spend some time in Grandma's house this week, I wonder how the internet there will work on my stream, because I improved the quality of my setup. I'm doing well, stream wise, I'm happy to say! Story wise, still no progress, but I hope I can change that someday in the very near future! I will try not to put too much pressure in myself, and just have a good time, writing! I made this Christmas Wreath, let me share it with you guys!


This is not necessarily my best work, unfortunately, and there are some stuff I'd have done it differently, I was following a tutorial, this is how I got all of this done, but most of the work was done by myself, so, I don't know, it is to be expected for things to be a bit rough around the edges, but well, I just wanted to do a wonderful Christmas Wreath, you guys know how much Love Christmas, how much I love Wreaths and stuff, so I'm glad I made this one! How would you have improved it? Feel free to tell me! Let's have a convo on it!

Anyway, today is just a quick post of me talking a bit about life, something I usually do on the blog! I miss going to the mall, I hope that I can go there at some point, perhaps get some stuff... I don't know, I'd like that... sounds like a nice place to spend Christmas season! I may take some pictures and share it with you guys also! I haven't shared pictures here in a while, maybe one idea for another post! For now, I must bid farewell, and say that I'll see you real soon!!

Comments