Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

In Which we chat about new games and a new story idea!

Hello dear reader of this post and good morning! How is the weather where you are and how are you? As for me, I'm alright overall, I do have to exercise today, which is a bother, BUT well... the weather is okay, a lot of sun, that is for sure. Today's post is just some different thoughts tied up together, let's jump to it, shall we?
I have this idea for a story I should develop here on the blog soon, it will be some tales on my imaginary civilization: Danieria. It should start with the region of the dry rivers of Shaat's. Should be a place for cultural cities with abundant food and fortune. Just to think of it I have some ideas that contradict each other, so that's the challenge of writing and creating your world! Speaking of World...
There is this game I was playing recently called Old World, is one of the Civ-Like games that came out on the spawn of this year, though was on early access through 2020. It has a lot of Crusader Kings also, which is pretty nice, I like Crusader Kings and other Paradox games, my favorite being Victoria II. I feel like the fact this one is not available on Steam to be something not playing on its favor, however. I hope it may be released on it soon. It doesn't help that the much expected Humankind was released roughly one month later. This new take on the Civ genre is receiving mixed reviews so far. I can't say much, I only played it since yesterday, but so far I like it, I may change my mind, start to dislike it, but so far it is something that catches my attention! It's quite fun to start a game as the Egyptians, become the Greeks on the Classical Era, become the Franks on the Medieval Era, and so on! I like it, sounds fresh. I do have to say the game has some weird graphic glitches, I wonder how my old computer would handle such a game, probably wouldn't go too well, my new one was definitely an upgrade, that happened due to a necessity of getting a new machine, because that old computer broke down, unfortunately... Sometimes bad things turn into good ones. Not without its trade offs, but still. This post is basically just me gathering some ideas and putting it together because I don't feel much inspired to write today. I should've written it when I woke up, but well, I do want to do stuff no matter the time, though real life is not always like that! Timing is a thing, very much so! And to wrap things up, I would like to share a tree that I see on my bedroom window.

It is indeed lovely to have such a pleasant view! The birds like to sing around it, the air is fresh and pleasant, quite lovely! Anyway, with that, I'm wrapping up today's post! Thank you ever so much for reading, my friend, I see you again real soon!

Comments