Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

In Which I am struck with a creative block for writing and gaming

Hello everyone and good morning! Been a couple of weeks, right? Dang, partial creative block has been getting me these days, and I will chat a bit further about it in today's post. But well, how are you today, first I will ask. How is the weather? Summer is coming with strength, and it's making me sweaty and miserable, maybe one of the reasons for such creative block. And since I mentioned it again, let's chat it further about it, because it isn't as black-and-white as it seems.

Even with the current limitations I face, of not having a proper desk to draw at home, still waiting for the final one, I've been drawing a ton these past days, which has been really fun. When I go to the house of my grandma, I do the traditional sketch, and then, maybe after I transfer the drawings to Illustrator, as I do need to make the most of my Adobe Plan, and I even purchased new color pencils that should be arriving next week or so. I bought a big box with 100 color pencils and I cannot wait to explore their potential.

I also been editing pictures some moments, specially bringing a bit (sometimes a lot more) vibrancy to them. I haven't been using Instagram as much for it anymore, just been using Adobe Lightroom, again, to make most of it, but also because my friend told me, and I had a deep suspicion before, that editing the pictures on Instagram would decrease their quality. This friend is not fond of the activity of editing pictures anyway. As for me, I love editing them, just been moving towards a different app to do that.

So, meanwhile I don't have much creative problem on the drawing/picture side, I've been facing a major block on the gaming/writing one, which is a major bummer! What became the Anno era of my life, where that was my major game, seems to be coming to a close, we don't know what the future holds for Anno 1800, and the more significant DLCs seem to be behind us. It came with a vacumn of games, as Humankind is also not capturing my imagination as much in the moment, Civilization is absent for now... The games I've been playing the most are sort of passing through a crisis for me, and I don't know what to make of it yet. I tried a new game, Planet Zoo, that I didn't like much in the end, it failed so far to capture my imagination...

Concerning writing, I haven't been feeling like writing much on the blog the past few weeks or so, which is a bummer, but I didn't want to force myself to do it... Not having the will to write a new story at this precise moment, and don't have much to say, either. Maybe I do, in the end, but well, it doesn't always translate to new blog posts. Not having a fixed schedule anymore kinda hurts me on that regard...

I do hope I will write some more, though! Maybe this week I'll be coming with another post tomorrow or so. One step at a time. As this one is getting long, I should call it for now! Thank you for reading this short resume of my creative situation, friend, I appreciate you a lot, and I see you again real soon!

Comments