Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we Wrap up September: At the Gates of a crosswalk

Good evening my good friend, reader of this present post! How are you today? How have you been? We have reached the end of another month, as Christmas season of 2026 either unfolds or draws near, depending on your traditional habits. In any case, the second half of a year, and specially the months of the holiday events, such as Halloween and Thanksgiving, go by quite fast, they also obey their own special laws, separated from the speed of light. I love to see autumn, albeit from afar, given it is spring to summer time in my tropical area. The weather has been so far kept in a pleasant way, and as I understand October may advance the heat forward, I ought to enjoy the breeze as it lasts. And I am okay, I would say. It was a month of me getting the internship and taking part on the first shift of the internship, just observing the classroom while the teacher that took me in, Bless her soul, really did a rather good job at keeping a classroom of so many loud teenagers under control. It wa...

In Which we have a farewell to October! Happy Halloween! (BE CAREFUL BEFORE SIGNING WITH ADOBE)

Good morning everyone! Happy Sunday, and happy Halloween! I wish you the best, lots of candy and sugar in your life! How are you? How is it going? How is the weather? I am very sleepy because yesterday I decided to take a sleeping pill, I was just fed up with that day, in which I couldn't find inspiration to do anything, and time was dragging like crazy. Just wanted to have a deep sleep at night. But with sleeping pills, you end up not having much of a difference at night, and all that sleepy side happens in the morning, reason why I avoid them as much as I can!

So, with the Halloween festivities, we wrap up October, and I must ask, how was your month? My was a month of gaming experimentation. With the end of my Anno era, I wanted to occupy my time with different games, I tried Anno 2070, Old World, Europa Universalis... Europa, what a game! It is so massive it requires a subscription service to access all they have to offer. I learnt some stuff on the game my later sessions: Do not engage in wars willy nilly! Avoid them as much as you can! There is a reason it is called the last resource for diplomacy. They are devastating, in many ways. Specially if your opponents are China or Spain, and your nation is tiny Portugal. 



This month, I also worked on some drawings, and got new color pencils, even! They are just so magnificent! All 100 of them, the best thing! It was a month of spending, and it rang the alert for austerity in the future, to avoid any debt or credit card issues. Speaking of Which, I found out one of the reasons Adobe is hated by many. I signed their student plan, so I could publish my portfolio. I thought, if I spend money on some subscriptions, such as Youtube, and iCloud, and spend it on games and so on, this will just be another thing. Of course, more expensive, but nothing that I can't handle. While it is true, because of reasons (City Skylines and Age of Empires 4) I found myself out of money to pay the sub fee of the month of November, I kinda panicked a bit and decided to, just for giggles, cancel my plan. Well... 

I found out, since my plan is a yearly plan paid by the month (the devil is on the details) I had to refund them all the money I was gonna pay the rest 11 months of my contract, yay? It was a lot of money just to get rid of the fee! Dang... I wonder if that's really nice or necessary. Well, one thing is for sure, and I will put this in CAPS: BE CAREFUL BEFORE SIGNING WITH ADOBE!!!!! And yea, I even putted it on the title of this post. Anyway, I believe I will be fine, life moves forward. But, just suck It's hard to save money, as I want a new phone, a new chair is in order, and this time I won't be accepting any cheap substitute to a real comfortable office chair. Well, anyway.

The post is getting big, I was gonna say I'm excited for November, I need to put my subscription to my service and do some cards for Christmas and Thanksgiving. BUT this should be an excellent opportunity to wrap up the post and save something for the next one, that I should write, with hope and may God allows me to do so, very very real soon! Love you guys, see yall next time, real soon! HAPPY HALLOWEEN, AND BE CAREFUL WITH ADOBE!

Comments