Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

In Which I have a renewed interest in Architecture?

Good morning, everyone, happy Thursday (now Friday), and I wish you the best! How are you today? How are things going? I'm okay, I'd say... one step at a time is all we can do. I believe I'm always achieving something nice when I wake up, or anyway, I just thought that out now, but it is based on the fact my therapist says I'm stable enough to start the process to stop therapy. That is not an achievement yet, but it is to be one hell of an achivement once I'm officially, for now, out of therapy, out of the need to be always analysed by a professional. I have issues, and I'll always have those, BUT, well, at least I'm stable enough not to snap. Sad, yes, but stable. How is the weather, where you are? Here, it is okay, I believe it rained at the evening, which is fine, but now the sun is shining. I just ate my breakfast, also, so that's nice, and I was having an impulse to think about doing a stream, but I don't really want to get disappointed, if I start a stream now, no one would be around to hang out with me... I'd be miserable and alone, even if I have more energy in the (early) morning.
As I said on the title, I believe I've been having a growing interest in architecture. I guess it never really went away, just got dormant because of the miserable moments of college. It's more an interest in classical architecture, because that's the one type I'm seeing on the algorythm when I open social media. Just connecting somehow with others that dislike contemporary aesthetics, and are more keen on the beauty of the world of classical architecture and high arts. It can't say classical is merely a style, it goes beyond that, but well, of all those architectonic things, classical world is not necessarily my favorite, I'm more keen on Rococo of central-Eastern Europe, I'd say I like baroque as well, but mostly its child, that is rococo, also known as Late Baroque, though I am not fond on this term, at all. I cant say I dislike classical works, quite the opposite, but... the works done during-after the french revolution don't please me. I am reminded of the Pantheon in Paris. It feels so... rigid, so colorless... I do like it, the beautiful dome, the portico, but just what was done with it during that fatidic event that was the french revolution. Painters like Jean Jacques David don't suit my taste, either. Late 18th century is just so somber in many places, what started as valid thinking became radical insanity, that reproduced on later years to become the destroyer of worlds.
And today, of course we couldn't stay without our best of Instagram of the day! It is this lovely doggo I found at the variety store once! This picture comes from June 2018, which I believe was a creative period of my life, one that resulted on this blog, for example! It is both fun and proper, I'd say, at least my untrained eye would tell me that, and if this is kitsch for you, Mr. Scruton, than I'm sorry, but I rather have this dog than any other thing. Well, this productive post is getting big, don't you think? I certainly think so. I'll start the process of ending the post right now, and by that I mean just wishing you the best, yet again, offering you my wishes of a happy day, and a wonderful weekend! And may we see each other again real real soon, hopefully in this very weekend, though I can't promise that. Like I said, see you again real real real soon, I don't like saying bye, goodbye, farewell, because I'm not going anywhere!

Comments