Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

In Which Life should go on Business as Usual

Hello to you, dear reader of this post! As it happens from time to time, life hasn’t been kind to me the past few weeks… it was half of it hard to avoid, I am not blaming destiny, as the ability to still be free to make choices comes with consequences, which are not being contested, but also, unforeseenable circumstances weren’t much auspicious either. I did gave college a break, as it wasn’t being a very productive time there. And I did look for illustration courses, which in the end was not fruitful in the way I wanted it to be. I’d write that it was a initiative that did not bare much results, but that would be a lie, because it gave me the idea of what I’d want in a course for drawing -and It is drawing, not illustration- and it allowed me to connect with like minded drawers, such as the ones in the Aesthetic City, Conor Lynch. I even had a call with the fabulously talented and very much gifted Mr. Lynch, and he provided me with a very rich feedback! I'd like to give this good gentleman a shoutout! Here is his Instagram Account and an amazing drawing by his:

Conor Lynch's Instagram

I am not with my wishlist on Amazon filled with classical architecture and realist drawing books to get… it is a long term project, of course, because those are expensive, but well… I haven’t given up on my iPad plans either, quite the opposite. And speaking of which, I returned on having online classes on drawing, on smaller platforms such as Udemy and Skillshare, I believe my time there will be way more fruitful than in an institution that won’t teach me anything I’d like to learn, but will push me their evil relativistic agenda on me, the relativism present on the contemporary post-modern philosophy. One agenda, I would not like to be exposed to. I’d rather have an education devoided of wokeness… it is a long term project, but I believe I stand on fertile ground, and I have the right mind to follow. 

The passing of her majesty Elizabeth II was an event that made me very sad and worried about the future. I don’t have high hopes for his Majesty the King Charles III… that being said, his first actions as a monarch did give me a good impression, let us hope he does not damage a fragile institution, so crucial to avoid the tyranny of the mob rule. If Britain is to last as this worthy, dignified nation, the Monarchy is indeed to survive. I, as a person with a libertarian heart, appreciate checks and balances to avoid the growth of the government and state. The more of them, the better. 

This is where I stand, then… my mind struggled the last week of August, a month that proved to be a month for waiting for September to come. The awaited time is here, now. It brought good things, such as iOs 16 (so far it did not give me trouble) new DLC and Patch for Europa… but also bad things, and uncertainty, and the postponement of my iPad plans… it did also renewed my list of desire things to buy, so, with the finishing of the last roadmap of my life, another one is to begin and so on…

I believe there is reason to wake up excited to start a new day. And I am recovering from events and decisions. One step at a time. While I don't write here on the blog on the daily basis, I do that on my Patreon page and also on my Instagram for drawings... If you guys would like to see what I am up to in the drawing side of things, I encourage you to check me out there! Here are the links, and the drawing I shared recently on Patreon:

SKETCHES BY TRIANON


And here I was thinking that I would have difficulty in writing today! My main difficulty is to bring this post to an end, because once I started, I can't seem to stop writing, talking about anything that is on my mind! But I do think this is a good point to stop, because it is getting so big! I hope I can return again real soon with more thoughts, takes, ideas, drawings, anything you'd could expect to see at the divagation store, a place for my own universe! Have a wonderful day, dear reader, and I wish you the best, and again, see you real real soon!

Comments