Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

In Which we say Hello to October of 2023! The Month of the changing of seasons

Good morning, my friend, reader of this post! Happy Sunday, and happy October! How are you today? How have you been? As for me, I am okay. I had a good conversation with a dear friend, mom hugged me and sounded calm for the first time in one or two weeks... No one can say this means things will go alright from now on and rainbows will follow my every move, but a good morning is a good morning, and I appreciate that. Tomorrow I shall receive some money, weekly money from my dad and grandma. Monthly money from mom, maybe? But that is not a given. It would help a lot, though. As always, money will help me pay stuff I ought to pay. And as I am, again, doing an effort to control expenses, maybe this time I will return to a more healthy balance! Tomorrow I will have therapy as well, I hope it goes okay. Odds are that it will. For Sunday, I should also mention, I came back to grandma's house for breakfast, lunch, and I think I'll spend the evening here, too, because we are a bit out of groceries at home, alas. It is nothing to worry about much, mom shall work on the groceries at some point, but I can't live without my morning coffee, so yes. I am happy to say, also, that the update on grandma's computer went alright. It has the most recent Win10, now. I was considering updating it to Win11, like I have on my laptop, but I asked first her technician, that adviced me against it, worried that she may had trouble adapting. So, no Win11 for grandma, for the time being. And, speaking of computer shenanigans...

I decided to go something more Christmassy for October, at least for my laptop wallpaper... I know, we are barely beginning fall-Spring, but, Christmas is where my happy place is, next to the Petit Trianon.

I was going to play some Sims, but decided to write something first. I think I am going to start a new save on Sims 3, with the character I created before. I wonder what I'll do, now, if I'll change anything, any clothing, and so on. Even if Sims 3 is not safe from issues with shallow gameplay, it has a way biger timespawn than Sims 4, that is for sure. It is so much challenging, in all ways, to make it on Sims 3, money wise, skills wise, relationship wise. The game feels better, too. And, though its aesthetic choices on furniture and wallpapers are more limited than Sims 4, it graphically does not look that bad, or I have no issue with how the peeps look in the game, overall. 

About college, I have pretty bad news on one of my disciplines, of all the 10 questions, I got just one correct, dang, and my grade is the grand total of 0,4. Geez... At least I got approved on the other one. I was considering dropping this course, but in the conversation I mentioned with my friend, I decided not to do it, at the moment. If financial concerns were not a thing, I could look for another course to do on the side... one that I'd actually appreciate. But well... financial concerns are a thing. It is what it is.

I am glad that October seems to be starting in a positive note. I trust this is a nice point to wrap up today's post... I should return real soon with some more words, most likely around next week, I hope before the first weekend of October. Until then, let us pray to our heavenly father that this week goes without many strike of woe. I wish you the best, my friend.

Comments