Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which the much waited DLC for Victoria 3 comes out!

Good morning, my friend, reader of this post! Happy Thursday! How are you and how was your week so far? How is the weather? As for me, I cannot deny it was a week with a great event, new DLC for Victoria 3 being released. The game, that I haven't touched much since May, was quickly revived by this new content. More on that, further on the this blog entry. I am overall okay, some ups and downs, I suppose it happens. At least I managed to sleep more reasonably Wednesday night, it has been rare for me to rest as much when I am supposed to do it, so that is a good achievement! The weather has been pleasant as well, cheers to that, I love Winter!

How June is going by fast, at this point. Soon, it will be over. I already should plan on my Wrap up post of the month, so we can start July in a good way... one month closer to my birthday. I still hope I can switch phones, somehow, but financial troubles still haunt me. I did spend more in June than I was expecting, way more than I should, much to my frustration. On the phone matter, I doubt my father would be of much help. I pray this is not the case, but I hold little expectation to receive any help from him. I am not sure if grandma will be willing to contribute, either... I pray and hope she can, but I try not to build expectation over it.

This Monday, on June 24th, as I was much anticipating, Victoria 3 released their new DLC! It also was released the patch update of No. 1.7. To say the performance of the game has been dramatically enhanced on this one would be an understatement, more than some optimization was done. If before this one, I could barely reach the 1890's without quitting due to how slow the game would run, this time, the game only just started to struggle at the 1910's. My first match with the expansion and update was a major success, I reached January 1st 1936 and I was not even done yet. Quite the adventure! As Russia, after decades of ground work, my economy boomed on extraordinary pace starting in the last decade of the 19th century. I went from just above 100 million in gross domestic product, to 559 million in a few decades. My population was groing at a pace of 2 million people a year, reaching almost 200 million in the end. Gross domestic product per capita also went up, from just over 1 dollar a week to almost 3. It was magical to see and it made me fall in love with the game again. Next up, I think I am going to play as France, another one of my go-to nations. The game got more diplomatic flavor with the update, and not only that, as Foreign investment allowed my country's economy to grow as much as I mentioned... it is hard to pinpoint exactly everything that was rebalanced with the new additions, as it was much stuff, and in a way that feels as if the game was always like that. Indeed, Victoria 3 is back, and I cannot wait to see what they will do next in it. Not always an expansion is this successful. One could say that the disjointed expasion for the game Humankind was the death of that struggling franchise. I haven't heard of much news on this title in months... what a disaster it turned out to be. This one, of Vic3, is so far being well received, with 74% of approval on Steam. The game itself is on an upward trend, from 67% to 70% of approval.

Another game I played recently, and that I much approved of, was Grand Ages: Rome, the superior sequel to Imperium Romanum, a game that I've mentioned before on another post. Another amazing experience, that I hope I can visit again soon! It is rare for me to try out new games, and let alone enjoy them, so this was an welcome surprise, indeed. All in all, it was a week with good surprises!

What else is there to be said? I think this is a good point to wrap up the post. I hope I may return with a new entry before the end of the month,  but maybe it may only see me this July... we'll see. Thank you for being bere, my friend! Wish you the best! And I see you once again real soon, I hope.

Comments